Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Low oil level @ 3,000 miles

Reactions
I got around to checking my oil ,for the first time, @ 3,000 miles ( I know, should've checked it sooner). It was a bit dirty but mostly surprised to find it at the minimum level on the dipstick. Did anyone else have low oil this early? Also, feeding the diptstick back down the tube is sort of a pain in the ass. It's not hard but it's harder than it should be.

hbalek

Reactions
Yes on all of your above observations! I also had trouble removing the dipstick for the first time, it was really stuck in there. Last week I just got my oil changed for the first time at 3800 miles.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The guy who designed that dipstick has never checked the oil in his own car, ever

hbalek

Reactions
The guy who designed that dipstick has never checked the oil in his own car, ever
It is a really cool looking, substantial dipstick tbh! LOL Oh and it is also hard to reach back there.