Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Looking for BOV Dual-Port for 2023 Ford Explorer ST

aljazaf

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
I wanted to ask if the there is BOV Dual Port that would fit the 2023 Ford Explorer ST? I am in need of a BOV with Dual Port functionality that operates similar to the stock electronic blow-off valve, venting pressure into the intake at low rpm and to the atmosphere at high rpm.

OP
A

aljazaf

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Appreciate your help! I'm just a bit confused about the Ford Explorer not having a BOV !then how does it reduce pressure in the intake system as the throttle is closed to prevent compressor surge.? Also, would adding a Fen Fabrication BOV get noticed by the manufacturer? I really don't want to void my warranty! Thanks for any insights you can provide .

Last edited:
Reactions
I
Appreciate your help! I'm just a bit confused about the Ford Explorer not having a BOV !then how does it reduce pressure in the intake system as the throttle is closed to prevent compressor surge.? Also, would adding a Fen Fabrication BOV get noticed by the manufacturer? I really don't want to void my warranty! Thanks for any insights you can provide .
on late 2021 and on ford is managing turbo pressure through the ecu engine parameters and turbo waste gates instead of a dedicated BOV

OP
A

aljazaf

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
The 2023 has no such thing. It was eliminated a couple of years ago.
If you want to add a BOV for fun check out www.fenfabrication.com
i didn’t understand what you mean to add BOV for fun ! Can i add BOV on 2023 Ford Explorer ST to get the whoosh sound ? And if so what should i look for ! Thanks

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I literally posted the link for where to go.

OP
A

aljazaf

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7

gafool25

U.S. Navy Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
wow just saw this i wish i had read it before i orderered to bov from boomba! lol oh well