Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Locking gas cap/plug source?

Taxgod4u

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Exploder-ST
Anybody find a source for a locking gas cap/plug for a '23 ST?
As a kid a neighbor freind filled his moms Jag tank with water thinking he was helping. That has stuck with me.

Reactions
As yet I have been unable to find one. There WAS one for the last gen Explorers and I purchased it as a test but it does NOT fit whatsoever and cannot be modified to do so. To this day I have not found one from Ford or in the aftermarket.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Anybody find a source for a locking gas cap/plug for a '23 ST?
As a kid a neighbor freind filled his moms Jag tank with water thinking he was helping. That has stuck with me.
Crazy story but I don't think it will be that easy on our ST's. If you lock the doors the gas door is locked also. And hopefully the double flapper system would keep someone from shoving a hose in there.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Crazy story but I don't think it will be that easy on our ST's. If you lock the doors the gas door is locked also. And hopefully the double flapper system would keep someone from shoving a hose in there.
Are you sure about the gas door locking? I've never checked mine, but it seems that I remember a thread which concluded it didn't.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Are you sure about the gas door locking? I've never checked mine, but it seems that I remember a thread which concluded it didn't.
Hmm, now that you say that I may be thinking of one of my other vehicles. My wife has the ST at the airport right now so I can't check.

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hmm, now that you say that I may be thinking of one of my other vehicles. My wife has the ST at the airport right now so I can't check.
There is not a gas door lock. Just checked it on mine.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Maybe put a hasp and padlock on the fuel door :oops: Just kidding.... but maybe some kind of lock on the door.

Reactions
Unless there’s something new after the 2020’s, the flaps do NOT lock.