Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

License plate and trailer hitch cover

Reactions
What is everyone using for their license plate brackets and covers on the trailer hitch?

Reactions
what part of ny? i live in northern nj but work all over nyc and the surrounding area..

i ordered silicone frames on amazon.. won’t rust, won’t rattle.. hated having the dealer frames on it.. also got rid of the dealer sticker on the back the day i got it.

Reactions
Here is my hitch cover. I also have the Ford Performance license plate bracket.

Attachments

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
@Wing42 how does the Ford Performance bracket look? I cannot find one that does not also have the oval Ford logo...

@turntablekinetix I am in Upstate NY- I have been thinking of the silicone ones- so far so good for you? As for the dealer logo, I was lucky that my dealership puts their logo on the plate brackets, not a sticker on my car!

Reactions
Bracket looks good and it is made well but it does have the Ford Oval. Screenshot_20200429-222209_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
Just basic black frame here from amazon, with black stainless screws and a black rubber plug. I'm boring in this regard. I like the idea of a Ford Performance frame, but the ones that I saw looked like a dealer free plate frame to me.

Reactions
same.. i just have plain black silicone frames.. don’t like anything crazy.. tiny lip all around.. they work great for me

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
Just basic black frame here from amazon, with black stainless screws and a black rubber plug. I'm boring in this regard. I like the idea of a Ford Performance frame, but the ones that I saw looked like a dealer free plate frame to me.
I like the Ford Performance if it did not have the Ford Oval also...

Reactions
If anyone can find or has an ST hitch plug/cover, I'd love to know where to get one. Thanks!

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #16
If anyone can find or has an ST hitch plug/cover, I'd love to know where to get one. Thanks!
Ditto- I cannot find one yet. Maybe someone does custom work?

CLA5453

Reactions
What color is the bottom plug, and where did you find the color code for it? I have the magnetic ST and it seems the lower color is the same on all.

Reactions
I got a plug from the corner auto parts store. Just a black one matches pretty good.