Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Lexani tires?

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Anyone used or have any input on the quality of lexani tires? I'm having a hard time finding a set of tires for my 22" wheels. Nevermind, I did some digging and the general opinion is lexani tires are garbage and they last maybe 2 years tops, that explains why they are so cheap, like 800 bucks for a set of 4 cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions
They are fine. Lionhart and Lexani are common tires for aftermarket rims. Would I use them to track the car? No. But for daily driving they are good tires.

Reactions
They are fine. Lionhart and Lexani are common tires for aftermarket rims. Would I use them to track the car? No. But for daily driving they are good tires.
Exactly !!! I get a kick out of people that think a set of inexpensive tires means that the tires are garbage....and then don't even put the vehicle through it's intended paces . I would be willing to bet that 5/100 ST owners actually push the vehicle to it's limits . I have used Lexani and Lionhart in the past and they have both been just fine . As a matter of fact , I have Lionharts on my ST right now .

Reactions
Exactly !!! I get a kick out of people that think a set of inexpensive tires means that the tires are garbage....and then don't even put the vehicle through it's intended paces . I would be willing to bet that 5/100 ST owners actually push the vehicle to it's limits . I have used Lexani and Lionhart in the past and they have both been just fine . As a matter of fact , I have Lionharts on my ST right now .
Yea I've run them for years at this point never had a problem. I never run my tires down to the wear bars. A pothole or screw/nail usually takes them out by the time I'm around 40% tread life. No point in me spending money on pricey tires every 2 years.

Reactions
Yea I've run them for years at this point never had a problem. I never run my tires down to the wear bars. A pothole or screw/nail usually takes them out by the time I'm around 40% tread life. No point in me spending money on pricey tires every 2 years.
Agreed....and actually if you buy through Discount Tire , or something similar , you can get an additional road hazard warranty , for a small additional fee , that will provide a free replacement .

TriSum

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Hmmm... I totally disagree, I tried Lexani's once. They were OK, at best, for the first few thousand miles until the noise became too much. Once they go through some heat cycles the rubber gets very hard and in "my opinion" they ride like a brick and sound like a mud tire.

Now I will say, as I have gotten older and have more money, I'm definitely more particular about the "little" things that make life more enjoyable. So it could be that I have gotten spoiled.

Reactions
Hmmm... I totally disagree, I tried Lexani's once. They were OK, at best, for the first few thousand miles until the noise became too much. Once they go through some heat cycles the rubber gets very hard and in "my opinion" they ride like a brick and sound like a mud tire.

Now I will say, as I have gotten older and have more money, I'm definitely more particular about the "little" things that make life more enjoyable. So it could be that I have gotten spoiled.
how long ago was this? They’ve come a long way in the past 3 years.

TriSum

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
how long ago was this? They’ve come a long way in the past 3 years.
Yes, it's been over 3 years.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Lexani tires are fine for normal driving for sure. I ran a set on an Escalade a few years back. But if you put them on any car or truck that has power or taking turns you will quickly see the difference. Specially at launch. Escalade was a daily driver just wanted it to look cool and they are cheap

Reactions
Late to the party here but I’ve been running a set of Lexani LX-Thirty’s at 305/40r22 and I’m very very happy with them. I over-analyzed this topic and listed my personal pros/cons below. Hope it helps.

Besides my LX-Thirty model, Lexani offers a more suitable-for-not-rubbing 305/35r22 profile in their LX-Twenty model. IMO this is the best profile when running 22’s. Both LX-Thirty and LX-Twenty are marketed as being designed for performance SUV’s. I can attest that they’re sticky and usually readily available at an excellent price point. I don’t usually push guys to what tires to buy when they get wheels but when asked I do proudly mention my Lexani’s as if I found some secret tire or something. Anyways, I’ve also heard that some track guys/gals like running the Lionhart’s and Lexanis because they provide a super grip at a low replacement cost - this allows them to rip em to shreds without breaking the bank when it’s time for a new set.

My Pros:
- sticky on hot and cold surfaces without a lot of noticeable wear during daily driving.
- nice sidewall (subjective opinion but I like how my 305/40’s look).
- price / availability (eBay ~ $600/set w free shipping)
- trustworthy - Ive come to learn/trust the tire’s grip vs. sidewall flex. They’re stiff but not unforgiving like a run flat. They’ve handled heavier loads well.
- pothole immunity - I regret saying this probably but I’ve hit a ton of Pennsylvania pot holes to the point that I would have expected a bubble or a blow. Maybe I was lucky but I’ve certainly experienced occasions in the past where I was not as fortunate. This tire pushed all that weight right thru it.

My Cons:
- wide tires are noisy and transfer road noise more than narrow tires (and these are no exception and might even be worse than some others - beware they will be MUCH different than the OEM Pirelli’s)
- wide tires are awful on snow and ice but I think these might be the worst “all-season” I’ve ridden on in the snow (If you rely on a wide tire to perform well in the snow then you’re making a mistake anyway). I just avoided driving them in winter conditions and this year I’m going to get a more aggressive winter focused all season if I can find one (is that a thing?).
- Prob not the tires fault but I’ve gotten at least 3 nail intrusions requiring plugs. Each time the tire never deflated below 25psi thankfully.

Hope this helps others find a tire solution.

- Bruce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOODED DON

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Late to the party here but I’ve been running a set of Lexani LX-Thirty’s at 305/40r22 and I’m very very happy with them. I over-analyzed this topic and listed my personal pros/cons below. Hope it helps.

Besides my LX-Thirty model, Lexani offers a more suitable-for-not-rubbing 305/35r22 profile in their LX-Twenty model. IMO this is the best profile when running 22’s. Both LX-Thirty and LX-Twenty are marketed as being designed for performance SUV’s. I can attest that they’re sticky and usually readily available at an excellent price point. I don’t usually push guys to what tires to buy when they get wheels but when asked I do proudly mention my Lexani’s as if I found some secret tire or something. Anyways, I’ve also heard that some track guys/gals like running the Lionhart’s and Lexanis because they provide a super grip at a low replacement cost - this allows them to rip em to shreds without breaking the bank when it’s time for a new set.

My Pros:
- sticky on hot and cold surfaces without a lot of noticeable wear during daily driving.
- nice sidewall (subjective opinion but I like how my 305/40’s look).
- price / availability (eBay ~ $600/set w free shipping)
- trustworthy - Ive come to learn/trust the tire’s grip vs. sidewall flex. They’re stiff but not unforgiving like a run flat. They’ve handled heavier loads well.
- pothole immunity - I regret saying this probably but I’ve hit a ton of Pennsylvania pot holes to the point that I would have expected a bubble or a blow. Maybe I was lucky but I’ve certainly experienced occasions in the past where I was not as fortunate. This tire pushed all that weight right thru it.

My Cons:
- wide tires are noisy and transfer road noise more than narrow tires (and these are no exception and might even be worse than some others - beware they will be MUCH different than the OEM Pirelli’s)
- wide tires are awful on snow and ice but I think these might be the worst “all-season” I’ve ridden on in the snow (If you rely on a wide tire to perform well in the snow then you’re making a mistake anyway). I just avoided driving them in winter conditions and this year I’m going to get a more aggressive winter focused all season if I can find one (is that a thing?).
- Prob not the tires fault but I’ve gotten at least 3 nail intrusions requiring plugs. Each time the tire never deflated below 25psi thankfully.

Hope this helps others find a tire solution.

- Bruce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOODED DON

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
305 40 22 are u getting any rubbing at all? I like the toyos in that size.