Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Levels Performance Intercooler

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
I would advise against using the Levels IC. I purchased this locally from a forum member. I received the IC only as shipped to the original purchaser. Levels performance have not returned calls or emails regarding the instructions or extra parts required to install their product. I’ll keep trying, but I knew this would be an issue going into it. I am up for the challenge. No instructions or associated parts were included for the install. This IC requires 90 degree hoses and clamps which are not included. I went with HPS hoses, clamps, and aluminum joiners (if needed). I don’t think it will be that difficult, but be aware this is not all spelled out at the beginning. While trimming hose is not difficult this should’ve been mentioned on the website with the link to the instructions present. While the IC appears to be quality they receive failing marks everywhere else.

Stay with Whipple or the other brands if you’re looking for a hassle free experience. I’ll let you know if the money I saved was worth the extra hassle, time, and money for installation parts. Any advice or reassurance is gladly welcome :)

More to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Stinger

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Update:

The intercooler sent by Levels was not the correct one. Same shape and size but completely wrong mounting tabs. The forum member bought it back from me which was an excellent display of integrity. Original purchaser was not surprised given the difficult purchase and shipping process. The IC didn’t come with upgraded clamps or the necessary mounting hoses. No instructions available. Levels did not return calls or emails for simple questions. Lesson learned the hard way. Forget this company even exists. They shipped out whatever they had laying around to occupy or delay someone long enough before figuring out their fraudulent BS.

Stay with Whipple, Mishimoto, or Ultimate Performance. DO NOT consider Levels Performance.

Thanks to Whoosh Motorsports for sending me the Ultimate Performance IC in less than a week.

Notice the welded on tabs on the wrong side of the IC. Completely wrong mounting configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
AVOID anything by Levels! They do not have a good record (I speak from experience in the Focus ST community). It is run by one man, he will make products for a platform, then stop supporting it.

You are still able to place an order and pay, but you will likely never receive the part, especially after he has moved on from this platform.

Reactions
AVOID anything by Levels! They do not have a good record (I speak from experience in the Focus ST community). It is run by one man, he will make products for a platform, then stop supporting it.

You are still able to place an order and pay, but you will likely never receive the part, especially after he has moved on from this platform.
He also does not know how to answer a phone call or respond to an email, text message, DM, anything.

On a related note, if anyone is interested in the pictured Levels Performance IC and willing to potentially do some fabrication/modification, message me. I will get around to making a post eventually, but in the meantime feel free to reach out.