Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Left side Tail lights

palung

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Does anyone know where is the fuse for left side tail lights? My 2022 left-side tail lights just quit working a few days ago. The brake light still works when pressed so it is not the LED that is out, and I plugged in the left side tail light assembly to the right side and it worked. It is just not working on the left side. I also noticed the orange light (not LED turn signal) on the headlight is not working on the left side either. So, I am guessing the fuse is blown but I cannot find that in the owner manual. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

OP
P

palung

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Sorry didn't realize that there is a maintenance forum. I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum.

OP
P

palung

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I saw that diagram in the owner manual. The closet fuse I saw was 148 (left-handed headlight module), and it looks fine. I am trying to see if there is one for left-side lighting that is not listed or if it is with some other fuse that is not labeled as such. Or maybe a wiring diagram so I can read continuity on the wire to find a break of some sort.

OP
P

palung

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
All lights on the left work except the tail light and the orange light on the side of the headlight are not working when the lights are on. The brake, turn signal, and backup light are just fine on the left. I have an appointment to take it to the dealer but I am trying to avoid that just in case they are going to do the axel bolt recall. Don't want to risk Ford reprogramming PCM because who knows if they are telling the truth by just programming for a parking brake in park. I always put parking brakes on before I shut off the car anyway so it is a non-issue for me.

Zim

Reactions
I had this happen to me as well when I first got my ST. I had them order a new tail light but it came back on the next day and has been fine for over a year so I’m not too worried about it. Lol

shadd85

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
If you moved this thread to the maintenance section I couldn't find it, so sorry for adding on here if the conversation has been moved. I just noticed my wife's '21 having this same issue this morning, did you find any resolution to it?

OP
P

palung

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Yes, driver side harness behind the bumper just needed to be reseated. It probably was not connected all the way when I removed the bumper during IC install. All I did was disconnected and reconnected the harness. It works after that.

shadd85

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Yes, driver side harness behind the bumper just needed to be reseated. It probably was not connected all the way when I removed the bumper during IC install. All I did was disconnected and reconnected the harness. It works after that.
Awesome thanks for the reply, I'll give that a try tonight!