Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

LED Turn Signal Bulbs

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I installed all of these lights. Everything works but when I took off the one light unit, I broke a piece off the black trim piece. Not really affecting me putting the light back in. But I noticed there is more of a gap between the trunk and light unit on that side than the other. I don’t know if it was like that to begin with it, if I’m just putting it back in wrong or what. It’s really hard to tell visually but I know it’s a bigger gap between I tested how far I can get my pointer finger in the gap.

Reactions
Just to be clear... If I want to get rid of the annoying hyper flash, I just need to replace the rear bulbs with LEDs? (Or change a setting using Forscan).

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Just to be clear... If I want to get rid of the annoying hyper flash, I just need to replace the rear bulbs with LEDs? (Or change a setting using Forscan).

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
You’ll get the hyper flash if you install LED’s that don’t have a built in resistor. If you do install those, then yes, you’ll need to use Forscan to disable hyper flash. Hyper flash is there to tell you that one of your standard turn signal bulbs is out. LED’s don’t have the resistance that regular bulbs have so when they’re installed, your BCM thinks that a bulb is burnt out.

MatixST

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST