Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Launch shutter /1-2 shutter power loss

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Hey guys

So having an issue when I brake A start to build boost it shutters the drivetrain. Then if I just Wot from 1-2 in first it shutters hard shifts I to Second a pulls all the power then it comes back.

I’m trying to upload a video of it also

OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Sorry forgot to add suv has

zfg tune
Hot/cold pipes
Intake
DP full exhaust

I e Also sent Adam a log too see as well

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
Turn off adv trac cntrl

OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Turn off adv trac cntrl
Yes I e Held it down an it’s gotten better but still doing it. I am Waiting on filter to do tranny service to see as well.

OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Update

So i decided to drain an fill with filter the Transmisson "with amsoil" and wow it did make it wayyyyy better with shifts. But as for issue it was still present "fluid level at 3.5-4" so for the heck of it brought the fluid up to 2.5-2 3/4ish an NIGHT AN DAY. I don't know if my tranny has Vavlebody issues because once i clear adaptive tables for trans it wigs out an dose not want to even move smh. But as for the problem now it only dose it a little bit then locks up an shifts perfectly threw out the gears .So im gonna assume that the more fluid did work for me it could be some may want more fluid "weak pump" ect . I'm going to maybe try erasing everything in the adaptive tables now with the level at 2.5 an see if it fixed it completely . Or next thing will be .5 more of fluid and see whats up !

ill post up what i find out asap because i see a few of them having this issue.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Where abouts do you live in MA? I live in SE MA in the Fall River area.

OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
Fitchburg ma

OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
so I went Ahead an bought built valve body an pump. I’ll keep everyone posted how that comes out

OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
Okea update got a suncoast VB a pump problem is 90% gone. The 10% is if I just Stab throttle without building some kind of pressure it dose the shutter for maybe 500rpm a locks up perfectly 1-4 ect. But on transbreak no issues at all. So I sent Adam a log could be now as simple as some pressure raised for converter slip ect. My guess is the converter clutch is not happy an could probably use a new one cause as for clutches once it stops it hits the gears solid an crisp were if they were smoked it would matter how much pressure there was it’d be slipping always.

But I’ll keep ya posted what I hear From Adam or how it’s been after afew months ect.