Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Lamin-X fog light overlays

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer King Ranch 4WD 3.0T
Question about installing the Lamin-X fog light overlays as I have looked on the ol' YouTube and while I have done previous vehicles.... this seems like it's going to extra challenging. Anyone got any install tips?

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Question about installing the Lamin-X fog light overlays as I have looked on the ol' YouTube and while I have done previous vehicles.... this seems like it's going to extra challenging. Anyone got any install tips?
I too had to figure it out.
Trim off the tabs on the film edges. Get a heat gun, soapy water spray and a small squeegee. Spray the lenses with the soapy water. Start with the film lined up with the bottom-front edge of the fog light lens and squeegee out as much of the water as you can on the front of the lens. Be patient with this next step and try not to over heat the film. Use your heat gun and wave it towards the top overhanging film while pushing it forward with the squeegee. It will conform to the angles on the lens. Take your time. The very bottom the lens will not be covered with film but you will never notice that.

Last edited:
OP
cwescapexlt4x4
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer King Ranch 4WD 3.0T
Thread Starter #3
Thank you ... this will certainly be more challenging than others I have done in the past.