Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

keyloss entry fob not opening liftgate

Reactions
2021 ford explorer st. my keyless key fobs (both) work to unlock the 4 doors and start the car but the keyless fobs do not work to allow me to unlock the liftgate. (unless i press the unlock button on the keyfob)
if the fob is in my pocket or even closer, pressing the manual unlock at the liftgate will not work. also, goes without saying the foot activation doesn't work either.
i have also checked the sensor connectors underneath the fascia next to passenger side exhausts and they are connected well. when i wave my hand near the foot activation sensor i hear the actuators so i do not think its a foot activation sensor problem but rather that the keyless fob is not communication properly with the rear liftgate. i've also checked the fuses for these and they are intact / not blown. i've taken them out and reinserted. (#41 in engine and #8 in passenger fuse box)
i've also done a factory reset in sync, to no avail. running latest sync version i believe: SYNC3 v3.4.21098
sunrise ford north hollywood says id have to leave the car for minimum 2 days to diagnose, which i'd really rather not have to do if i dont have to.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Katkoby

Reactions
Hi! Did you ever figure this out? I am having this exact problem all of a sudden.