Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

K&N Filter #33-2395

MikeS.

Reactions
Just bought the K&N drop in for the ST. They usually go for $49..99, but Amazon has it with the cleaner and oil for $19.38. The price doesn't make sense, but it came in today. Side note: The site says it doesn't fit the Explorer ST, but it does. It is the correct part number.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks for the heads up. I just orderd one. The K&N site also confirms the part number. It's a great deal.

Reactions
Same as the one used in the previous generation 3.5L Sport. Took mine out of there and popped it in the ST on the first day. Great deal now for sure at that price.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I dislike K&N gauze filters for daily drivers as they are terrible for filtering fine/powdery dust materials. It’s been discussed with prejudice elsewhere…

K&N filters have lost their advertising mantra, so they’re in the toilet. Hence the bargain basement pricing. To compensate the loss with gauze filters K&N also markets the AEM DryFlow synthetic fiber filters which are MUCH better daily filters. Note that K& N doesn’t advertise their involvement as to not depress sales.

hxrly

Reactions
Just bought the K&N drop in for the ST. They usually go for $49..99, but Amazon has it with the cleaner and oil for $19.38. The price doesn't make sense, but it came in today. Side note: The site says it doesn't fit the Explorer ST, but it does. It is the correct part number.
Thanks for the heads up, that's a great deal; $47.58 less than buying separately, but they ship separate.

Reactions
I dislike K&N gauze filters for daily drivers as they are terrible for filtering fine/powdery dust materials. It’s been discussed with prejudice elsewhere…

K&N filters have lost their advertising mantra, so they’re in the toilet. Hence the bargain basement pricing. To compensate the loss with gauze filters K&N also markets the AEM DryFlow synthetic fiber filters which are MUCH better daily filters. Note that K& N doesn’t advertise their involvement as to not depress sales.
What is the model number for the AEM Dryflow synthetic fiber filter, down in S Florida I need the best for daily driving

Reactions
Notice any difference?

OP
M

MikeS.

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
No. Probably wouldn't notice 3-5 HP. Having my Borla S cat-back installed hopefully in the next two weeks. May be able to feel those 2 mods combined. The Borla is really more for sound, the extra 10hp or so is just a bonus. But for $20, the K&N is a no-brainer. That's the price of only 2 paper filters.