Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Just Picked up a 22 ST

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Howdy,

Just picked up a White 22 ST and am loving it. Such a cool vehicle. First time owning a ford. The adaptive cruise control and lane assist is pretty cool. I just wish I could hear some turbo sound!

Been looking around the forums as I am really tempted to do a few small mods but also scared of warranty issues.I also keep seeing people throwing codes for installing Air Intakes on 22s. When I was shopping for STs the dealers were saying that the later-built 22s had chip shortages and where missing some features but mine is an early 22. Does this make any difference for modding?

ill probably do an air intake and maybe a cat back exhaust to try to get some turbo sound and call it good.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Howdy,

Just picked up a White 22 ST and am loving it. Such a cool vehicle. First time owning a ford. The adaptive cruise control and lane assist is pretty cool. I just wish I could hear some turbo sound!

Been looking around the forums as I am really tempted to do a few small mods but also scared of warranty issues.I also keep seeing people throwing codes for installing Air Intakes on 22s. When I was shopping for STs the dealers were saying that the later-built 22s had chip shortages and where missing some features but mine is an early 22. Does this make any difference for modding?

ill probably do an air intake and maybe a cat back exhaust to try to get some turbo sound and call it good.
Welcome to the forum

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Howdy,

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

I have the aFe intake on our '22 and never had an issue with any codes. Just follow the install instructions and you should be fine.

OP
RippinRich
Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

I have the aFe intake on our '22 and never had an issue with any codes. Just follow the install instructions and you should be fine.

Cool thanks. Did it add any noticeable induction noise?

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Cool thanks. Did it add any noticeable induction noise?
It did, but it is really hard for me to hear with the Borla S-Type exhaust I have on. And I am a bit hard of hearing...lol

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

mdexpst

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle