Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Just installed the Steeda Rear Diff Brace...

dc332

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Black Ford Explorer ST
Overall I'm very impressed. While it does seem to stiffen up how the rear handles bumps and changes, it seems to greatly improve how weight transfer feels from a dead stop. Has anyone noticed any 60' improvements with the brace?

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions
Vehicle
69 Mach 1
Overall I'm very impressed. While it does seem to stiffen up how the rear handles bumps and changes, it seems to greatly improve how weight transfer feels from a dead stop. Has anyone noticed any 60' improvements with the brace?
I have the same diff brace but it’s winter here so I haven’t bothered to install it. I’m also waiting for the bolt recall to see if the dealer installs a 4 bolt instead of the 3 bolt assembly I have.

I feel like the ST’s transfer too much weight. The stock suspension does little to resist weight transfer on launch. With an AWD setup more weight could remain on the front tires during acceleration. Just my thoughts.

OP
dc332

dc332

Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
I have the same diff brace but it’s winter here so I haven’t bothered to install it. I’m also waiting for the bolt recall to see if the dealer installs a 4 bolt instead of the 3 bolt assembly I have.

I feel like the ST’s transfer too much weight. The stock suspension does little to resist weight transfer on launch. With an AWD setup more weight could remain on the front tires during acceleration. Just my thoughts.
No, I agree with you. The back definitely feels too soggy. It's making me think of upgrading to lowering springs to reduce that sogginess.

Big House

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Does lowering springs void and part of the warranty?

OP
dc332

dc332

Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Does lowering springs void and part of the warranty?
I'm not sure, that's a good question.

Reactions
Vehicle
2x 2023 Explorer STs
In theory, the addition of lowering springs doesnt void anything. However, if your ST experiences a issue that the dealer can contribute to the springs (or the install, or configuration, etc...) they do have the right to refuse service under warranty. Unfortunately, it comes down to a bit of a judgement call by the dealer. Thats why its nice to maintain a good relationship.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
No, I agree with you. The back definitely feels too soggy. It's making me think of upgrading to lowering springs to reduce that sogginess.
Get the Steeda Subframe Bushing Inserts. They make a huge difference.

Reactions
Vehicle
21 Explorer ST
Wil
Get the Steeda Subframe Bushing Inserts. They make a huge difference.
Will the fit the 1 bolt rear subframe? I'm wanting to get them along with the diff brace