Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Just Got a ST!!

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Greetings!!

We just closed on our new 2020 ST and I'm already really enjoying it. We came from a long line of great vehicles, most recently a 2017 F-150 Platinum, but the size and layout of the Explorer really fits our "empty nest" lifestyle perfectly.

One thing I am most excited about is enjoying the "ST" aspect of this SUV!! Back in the early-2000, I had a terrific "sleeper" of a car - a Jaguar S-Type R. Buried inside that "old man's Jag" was a 400hp supercharged V-8, huge Brembo brakes, a stiff suspension, and a positraction rear end. Man, was it FAST!!
S-Type R.jpg
But, when I got a $4,000 quote for a brake job (the parts for the brakes were non-standard Brembo ... had to get 'em straight form Jaguar), I moved away to something a bit more in my budget range. But, I never forgot how much fun it was to drive!!

When we decided that we needed to adapt a bit better to our "empty nest" status, we decided an Explorer was a much better fit. The more I read about the ST, the more I knew that's what I wanted. And, it has delivered!!
Explorer%20ST%20Delivery%20Day-10_DxO.jpeg
We're looking forward to "Exploring" over the next few years!! I did sign up for the Utah ST Driving Experience and will be there in mid-September.

Cheers!!

Ken

Reactions
Greetings!!

We just closed on our new 2020 ST and I'm already really enjoying it. We came from a long line of great vehicles, most recently a 2017 F-150 Platinum, but the size and layout of the Explorer really fits our "empty nest" lifestyle perfectly.

One thing I am most excited about is enjoying the "ST" aspect of this SUV!! Back in the early-2000, I had a terrific "sleeper" of a car - a Jaguar S-Type R. Buried inside that "old man's Jag" was a 400hp supercharged V-8, huge Brembo brakes, a stiff suspension, and a positraction rear end. Man, was it FAST!!
View attachment 1125
But, when I got a $4,000 quote for a brake job (the parts for the brakes were non-standard Brembo ... had to get 'em straight form Jaguar), I moved away to something a bit more in my budget range. But, I never forgot how much fun it was to drive!!

When we decided that we needed to adapt a bit better to our "empty nest" status, we decided an Explorer was a much better fit. The more I read about the ST, the more I knew that's what I wanted. And, it has delivered!!
View attachment 1136
We're looking forward to "Exploring" over the next few years!! I did sign up for the Utah ST Driving Experience and will be there in mid-September.

Cheers!!

Ken
Congrats. I'm heading to the UT ST driving experience tomorrow.