Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Just bought a 21 Explorer ST

S1KRR

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Traded in my 21 Subaru WRX STI for a 21 Explorer ST. Honestly i think the Explorer is just as fast (in a straight line) as my STI. Also looks alot easier to upgrade for more power than my STI. Anyway i am loving all the features that came with this model. Leaps and bounds more advanced electronically than anything I've owned. Now I just need to learn how everything works.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Traded in my 21 Subaru WRX STI for a 21 Explorer ST. Honestly i think the Explorer is just as fast (in a straight line) as my STI. Also looks alot easier to upgrade for more power than my STI. Anyway i am loving all the features that came with this model. Leaps and bounds more advanced electronically than anything I've owned. Now I just need to learn how everything works.
Have fun with it. The owners manual is your friend. And you can always ask. There is a lot of smart people on here.

OP
S

S1KRR

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Have fun with it. The owners manual is your friend. And you can always ask. There is a lot of smart people on here.
Yea i have been figuring everything out for the most part. It has 34k miles on it and seems to have been well maintained.

Attachments

OP
S

S1KRR

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Sport mode does seem to be a little grabby almost like the trannys not clutching much when shifting gears. Is that normal? I assume its just to shorten the shift time. Eco or Normal mode feel fine.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Sport mode does seem to be a little grabby almost like the trannys not clutching much when shifting gears. Is that normal? I assume its just to shorten the shift time. Eco or Normal mode feel fine.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

It definitely shifts a bit harder in Sport than other modes. A good tune can ease that some.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
welcome and “Yes” it is normal. When you can look through the (Tune) section of these forums. Lots of rich info on this topic. Enjoy the ST man!

Reactions
Vehicle
2018 WRX STI
Nice looking ST. Any other insights on differences like handling? I have a 2018 STI but I'm not sure if I should trade or keep it in addition to a new ST. Hardest decision ever Lol.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I personally would dump the STI for the ST. That's just me. I like the larger platform that still has the performance.