Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

JMS Chip question

Reactions
I’m new to Ford, so unfamiliar with aftermarket brand reliability... I’d like to tune my ST, but don’t want the hassle of denied warranty claims. Coming from Audi, they flagged my last car (TD1, for those familiar) and denied work on failed parts that were granted extended warranty because I had an APR stage II tune installed... Luckily I waited until I had major work performed under warranty before I tuned it, so my out of pocket expenses were limited.

That said, I don’t want to wait 80,000 miles before the ST gets some performance lovin. I’m interested in the JMS BoostMax for the 3.0L EcoBoost engine, and wanted to see if anyone has experience with this brand. I‘d prefer plug and play/piggyback device rather than flashing a tune so I can avoid the dealer frivolously denying warranty claims like Audi. Interested in everyone’s thoughts.