Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

It's a Wrap- Show off your vinyl wrap

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Like the title says, show off your vinyl wrap.

Last edited:
OP
Stinger

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Thread Starter #2

Luxe ws style forged carbon fiber wrap coming soon. I’ll wrap the hood and a few other trim pieces. I’ll re wrap the hitch cover too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
...there is already a couple other threads for this, but why not. ;)

Roof Wrap in gloss black
All exterior gloss black trim from beltline and below (front splitter, side strips, rear valence trim, rear "explorer" tailgate panel) and side view mirror caps wrapped in 3M forged carbon fiber

IMG-1901.JPG 64944520780--480D3489-895E-4FC3-A510-FABD7AF4F0AE.JPG

OP
Stinger

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
...there is already a couple other threads for this, but why not. ;)

Roof Wrap in gloss black
All exterior gloss black trim from beltline and below (front splitter, side strips, rear valence trim, rear "explorer" tailgate panel) and side view mirror caps wrapped in 3M forged carbon fiber

View attachment 7459 View attachment 7460
That’s so sick I’m going to barf! I really like your ride. Did I order the same wrap? I ordered Luxe ws style forged carbon metallic satin. I think that’s technically a 3m vinyl. I want to do my roof in gloss black for the LR effect. Thanks for the pics. It helps a lot.

Sorry for the repeat.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
That’s so sick I’m going to barf! I really like your ride. Did I order the same wrap? I ordered Luxe ws style forged carbon metallic satin. I think that’s technically a 3m vinyl. I want to do my roof in gloss black for the LR effect. Thanks for the pics. It helps a lot.

Sorry for the repeat.

No worries. Poke around a bit. There is some REALLY creative vinyl work that has been done by a few users.

I don't think so. The wrap you ordered looks like big rectangular chunks. The wrap I have is this stuff:

https://metrorestyling.com/products/metro-wrap-forged-carbon-fiber-vinyl-film?variant=39617007583401

OP
Stinger

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
No worries. Poke around a bit. There is some REALLY creative vinyl work that has been done by a few users.

I don't think so. The wrap you ordered looks like big rectangular chunks. The wrap I have is this stuff:

https://metrorestyling.com/products/metro-wrap-forged-carbon-fiber-vinyl-film?variant=39617007583401
The current wrap on my hitch cover is vivid forged carbon with the big chunks. The wrap I ordered is like yours but different manufacturer. I’m changing the forged carbon to this one in satin metallic.

https://www.luxeautoconcepts.net/co...yl/products/luxe-forged-carbon-vinyl-ws-style

OP
Stinger

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Prepping the hood for Luxe forged carbon fiber wrap.

OP
Stinger

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Rear emblem wrap complete. Vivid carbon fiber.

Reactions
Front.png Front Side Grill.png Back Side.png

OP
Stinger

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Thread Starter #11

My first attempt at a wrap. It’s not perfect but I’m happy with it. Mirrors are tomorrow.

OP
Stinger

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Thread Starter #13

Hexis shadow forged carbon hood, mirrors, door trim, hitch cover, and Explorer plate on rear hatch. Gloss black roof and C pillars.

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Glad it was mentioned that it's supposed to look like CF, I thought it looked more like zinc plated corrugated tin.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
I went in a slightly different direction, and PPF'd the roof and spoiler in gloss black.

Attachments

Reactions
Not mine but saw this on YouTube and thought it looked great. Matte Java Brown wrap.