Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

It just never ends...

Reactions
Just like others I had been experiencing smoke on cold starts which started after an engine replacement earlier this year. The dealer had another ST in the shop for the exact same issue and came to the conclusion that it was the drivers turbo on that one as well (like it has been going for most) and ordered the parts for mine as well. The parts were in mid-week last week and I dropped off the vehicle to have it done. Update from yesterday finally was that they took the exhaust off and inspected the turbos and they are bone dry, no leaks coming from the turbos. So they actually looked into it further and found even worse news.... They have to replace the whole engine AGAIN. This one lasted less than 2K miles and a few months. The reason behind this is they found scoring on cylinders 3 & 4, and according to them ALL of the valves are coated in oil like all of the valve seals are bad. So once again my vehicle is sitting at the dealer for hopefully weeks, not months this time, for another engine. I know some have no problems, but this will be the last Ford I'll personally ever own and I now tell people to steer clear of Ford at all costs.

Reactions
I'm praying this isn't my issue. It lit up last week with 2 CE lights along with 4WD fault, Advance Trac fault and none of the collision awareness or backup assist working along with the traction control. Still don't have the diagnosis. My SYNC3 replacement also hasn't been repaired yet (claim approved a month ago). To top it all off they don't have any cars to lend so I'm driving a 20 year old base Jeep Wrangler that's a project car. Sad to say I'm with you on Ford. It's been a bummer of an experience.

Reactions
I hear ya.. When I had my engine replaced at 10k, they forgot to install the inlet clamp on the drivers side turbo! Of course I didn't notice it for 30k mi.. Who knows how much crap has gone through this motor now.. Doing an oil analysis and hoping to not see too much silica

Reactions
So my issues were as a few of you thought they'd be. Replaced the speed sensor, repaired an evaporative exhaust valve and replaced my SYNC3 (although it still won't connect to my home network). all covered under the extended warranty I bought. They didn't say anything about the modifications just pushed the claims through. It cost me $100 for all of it.

Here's the weird thing, they flashed my tune back to stock. It was really obvious based on the way the engine performed when I drove it home. I flashed it back to my 93 tune and I can't recommend ZFG highly enough. Absolutely a different car to drive with Adam's tune on it.