Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Issue with navigation update checks

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
The sync website says my VIN is pre-2010. Has anyone else gotten this message?

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
You may need to wait up to a year before doing a map update. I and others with 2022 models had the same problem. I seems that VINs are not loaded into their data base for map updates until much later. I had mine for nearly a year until I could do that. One day suddenly everybody with 2022 models could get the update. The updates do not come from Ford, but are from a third party. If their system does not have your VIN it just says your vehicle is not new enough to get map updates.
(12) Updating sync to the latest version of a home Wi-Fi | Page 2 | Explorer ST Forum

Bakerjaa1

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Trying to see if I have the latest map updates. Mine shows NA 220 .
Ford Pass says I can get a free download or Pay $40 for USB drive to be sent. Asked for the free download to be sent , got confirmation , but no file . Anyone know what the latest is for Nav?

OP
B

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Trying to see if I have the latest map updates. Mine shows NA 220 .
Ford Pass says I can get a free download or Pay $40 for USB drive to be sent. Asked for the free download to be sent , got confirmation , but no file . Anyone know what the latest is for Nav?
You have to select it then checkout. It will be free and it will have spots to download a few files.

Bakerjaa1

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
You have to select it then checkout. It will be free and it will have spots to download a few files.
Tried that but never saw files or spots or links to download .
thanks for your reply