Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Is this the seat cooling fan

Reactions
Hello all
I’ve been noticing my cooled seats don’t cool that much, if at all. I remember reading about the intake being blocked from the factory. Is this the fan motor? To the “right” I can feel lots of air blowing out. And, it doesn’t seem to be for the A/C since it doesn’t blow towards the back. But, to me, it feels like this should be connected to something or that something is blocking the exhaust and it’s getting redirected to the input. If that makes sense. Lol.

Attachments

Reactions
Yes that is the fan. I believe it is meant to extract warm temperatures away from the seat rather than blow cool air into the seat.

Reactions
Been pretty happy with my cooled seats but I came from a Lexus RX and its "coolers" were almost worthless. Last visit to the dealer I asked about having it checked and service writer said it's the top complaints.

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Yes that is the fan. I believe it is meant to extract warm temperatures away from the seat rather than blow cool air into the seat.
Well, that seems a little weird. I was hoping for what I used to have in my '06 expedition, where it literally blew cold air out the seat, and you could really tell.

Reactions
Been pretty happy with my cooled seats but I came from a Lexus RX and its "coolers" were almost worthless. Last visit to the dealer I asked about having it checked and service writer said it's the top complaints.
My 17 Fusion sport had a/c seats works great initially then it’s worthless after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Hello all
I’ve been noticing my cooled seats don’t cool that much, if at all. I remember reading about the intake being blocked from the factory. Is this the fan motor? To the “right” I can feel lots of air blowing out. And, it doesn’t seem to be for the A/C since it doesn’t blow towards the back. But, to me, it feels like this should be connected to something or that something is blocking the exhaust and it’s getting redirected to the input. If that makes sense. Lol.
I have the same issue, stopped cooling drivers seat. It blows cool air when it works properly.
Funny enough, it stopped working after my sync froze and tech asked me to disconnect battery for 10 minutes

Reactions
I've noticed the same thing. For as much noise as the blower makes at full speed you would expect better cooling. My 2014 Sport was way better than the 20 ST. I feel a little bit at my lower back but nothing coming up through the seat.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Mine has started making a high pitch noise until I cycle through the cooling seat settings (high/med/low). Then it stops. Anyone have an idea what could that be?

Reactions
Mine has started making a high pitch noise until I cycle through the cooling seat settings (high/med/low). Then it stops. Anyone have an idea what could that be?
I know this is old, but if you haven't fixed it mine started to do the same thing. The fan is connected to the seat with a twist lock system with three tabs. When mine came loose it got loud. I put it back on properly and it works fine now and is quiet.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Whats the part # for that fan unit? I want to add one to my seat.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I never read the sticker when buying my ST but look at yours does it say "vented" or "cooled" seat? there is big difference. obviously vent is just air and cooled is AC seats. Lots of cars are just vented.
now I have to google it lol.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
from my quick google it says Vented seats. new vented seats pull warm air away letting you cool naturally. So no they are not cooled seats from my quick search at least

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
My 2021 sticker says Heated/Ventilated.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
My 2021 sticker says Heated/Ventilated.
thats what I found also vented. so they will not push AC air thru.
typically vented seats will push air thru the seat but the Explorer says it pushes air away from you. I will be looking under there today after work. I am curious this push air away how or what they are doing.
I am brand new to the ST and no real hot days here yet so I have not noticed. I will not buy a car without at least vented seats But I prefer cooled

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Wait you guys don’t make sure every vent hole in your seats are clear with a needle when you detail your truck? Amateurs.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I know this is old, but if you haven't fixed it mine started to do the same thing. The fan is connected to the seat with a twist lock system with three tabs. When mine came loose it got loud. I put it back on properly and it works fine now and is quiet.
I finally got it looked at when I dropped it off for an oil change. They said a few fans needed to be replaced.