Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Introduction - thinking about an ST

Jons

Reactions
I have been thinking of an Explorer ST on an off since I first saw and drove one more than a year ago. No one car can do it all and this is a bit larger than I have been thinking about which is good news/bad news. I have some questions that I will post as separate threads.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST High Perf Package
Had ours for 2 years so far. LOVE it. easily the best vehicle we've owned. For all of CR's reliability ratings on this thing, we haven't had a single issue. We do bring it back for the recalls (there have been 2 or 3) but no biggie - that's "planned downtime". The Explorer to us is the perfect balance between big-enough-to-do-a-PILE-of-important-practical-stuff and not-so-big-that-it's-tough-to-park. And the ST combines all that with power-when-you-need-it. I think Ford knocked it out of the park with this vehicle. In the past we owned a 2000 Dodge Durango 4.7V8 for 11 years and 250k nearly-problem-free miles. Hoping to come close to that with our ST. We haven't tuned or modded it, and don't drag race it or anything crazy. Have a Tesla for all that craziness. Hoping to switch the tesla to a Mach-e Rally to continue the craziness. But the ST is the "punchy reliable" you come home to.

Very highly recommended.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
All welcome to the forum.