Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Interceptor amber DRL's on Explorer St

Cheford1

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
For those seeking to modify the DRL (white band strip) from the 2020 + explorers try this method using Forscan. I was able to disable it and turn on my headlamp switch to find it off. After going over the spreadsheet someone posted in this forum this is what I did. The amber turn signal lamp stays on in lieu of the white strip during Daytime using someone else’s method they posted on here, and the ambers stay on when the headlights are on, my vehicle is an XLT 2020 Civillian model as evidenced by the silver accent marks on the grill
can you dumb this down for ST and forscan newbies lol.

Basically want the amber DRLs. do yours stay on at night? Still function as the turn signal?

jestep

Reactions
Vehicle
20 Explorer ST
For those seeking to modify the DRL (white band strip) from the 2020 + explorers try this method using Forscan. I was able to disable it and turn on my headlamp switch to find it off. After going over the spreadsheet someone posted in this forum this is what I did. The amber turn signal lamp stays on in lieu of the white strip during Daytime using someone else’s method they posted on here, and the ambers stay on when the headlights are on, my vehicle is an XLT 2020 Civillian model as evidenced by the silver accent marks on the grill
tried this on my 20 st, unable to confirm amber drl comes on. only turns off my white strip in the parking light and headlight on position

Mark1328

Reactions
Vehicle
2-24 Ford Explorer ST
Posting to older thread but trying to put on the Amber Turn Signal Lights when DRLs are on.

I followed prior posts but some reason it still won't work. Curious if any members know what I am doing wrong?

Prior Post Instructions:

726-42-01 x4x4 xxxx xxXX - Sets the White DRL to fixed position, meaning they're dim when the headlight is on, and off when the car is in normal drive mode, daytime.
726-43-01 x1x1 xxxx xxXX - Sets Turn to Turn and DRL

Thanks in advance for any possible assistance.

2024 Ford Explorer ST
FORScan OBDMonster

Attachments

Cheford1

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Posting to older thread but trying to put on the Amber Turn Signal Lights when DRLs are on.

I followed prior posts but some reason it still won't work. Curious if any members know what I am doing wrong?

Prior Post Instructions:

726-42-01 x4x4 xxxx xxXX - Sets the White DRL to fixed position, meaning they're dim when the headlight is on, and off when the car is in normal drive mode, daytime.
726-43-01 x1x1 xxxx xxXX - Sets Turn to Turn and DRL

Thanks in advance for any possible assistance.

2024 Ford Explorer ST
FORScan OBDMonster
You don’t need to change any values.

Mark1328

Reactions
Vehicle
2-24 Ford Explorer ST
You don’t need to change any values.
Thanks for responding but not sure I follow. Are you saying the values are right or the ones present prior to change were correct? In either case neither work on 2024.

Cheford1

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thanks for responding but not sure I follow. Are you saying the values are right or the ones present prior to change were correct? In either case neither work on 2024.
send me a pm and and I’ll try walking you through it.

Mark1328

Reactions
Vehicle
2-24 Ford Explorer ST
send me a pm and and I’ll try walking you through it.
Thanks for the offer. On way home noticed in the back of a vehicle it was now working ! Appreciate the response and offer of help.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Hi everyone,

I have been following this forum for over a year. I had a 2016 Ford Explorer Sport and didn't muster the courage to try this on forscan. I recently purchased a brand new 2023 Explorer ST, and decided to give this a shot. I literally went to the store and bought a $200 Windows Laptop just to do this because I've been dying to.

I did not go into the nitty-gritty lines and changing the numbers. I was able to (1) turn on the turn signals as DRLs, (2) remove the glowing white LEDs atop the lights, and (3) activate them for daytime AND night time use. I have NOT, however, been able to figure out how to use the turn signals while they are on as DRLs.

I changed the following settings in Module Config (NOT AS-BUILT FORMAT)

(1) Police Dark Car (enabled)
(2) Police Dark Car - DRL (enabled)
(3) Right AND Left Front Turning Lamp Usage (Turn Only, Turn, DRL and Position)
(4) Right AND Left Front Position Lamp Usage (Position and Park)
(5) Right AND Left Front DRL Lamp Usage (Fixed DRL and Position)
(6) Parking Lamps as DRLs (Enabled)
(7) Right AND Left Low Beam Usage (Low Beam Only)
(8) There was also some setting about using parking lamps as DRLs, I enabled that.

I have NOT been able to figure out how to activate this as a turn signal without removing the "POSITION" setting on the Turning Lamp Usage setting. When I removed this, the amber lights did not stay on constantly. This is also with the DRL setting ON in the vehicle settings. Changing this setting did not modify any of my lights. On a weirder note, I was able to activate the WHITE GLOWING LEDs atop the main vehicle lights as turn signals. This looked stupid, however.

If anyone knows how to use the Parking Lamps as turn signals while keeping them on all the time, please let me know. This was my first time messing with ForScan, so I do not feel comfortable modifying the numbers without knowing where to go. if someone can help, it would be appreciated!

Cheford1

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Hi everyone,

I have been following this forum for over a year. I had a 2016 Ford Explorer Sport and didn't muster the courage to try this on forscan. I recently purchased a brand new 2023 Explorer ST, and decided to give this a shot. I literally went to the store and bought a $200 Windows Laptop just to do this because I've been dying to.

I did not go into the nitty-gritty lines and changing the numbers. I was able to (1) turn on the turn signals as DRLs, (2) remove the glowing white LEDs atop the lights, and (3) activate them for daytime AND night time use. I have NOT, however, been able to figure out how to use the turn signals while they are on as DRLs.

I changed the following settings in Module Config (NOT AS-BUILT FORMAT)

(1) Police Dark Car (enabled)
(2) Police Dark Car - DRL (enabled)
(3) Right AND Left Front Turning Lamp Usage (Turn Only, Turn, DRL and Position)
(4) Right AND Left Front Position Lamp Usage (Position and Park)
(5) Right AND Left Front DRL Lamp Usage (Fixed DRL and Position)
(6) Parking Lamps as DRLs (Enabled)
(7) Right AND Left Low Beam Usage (Low Beam Only)
(8) There was also some setting about using parking lamps as DRLs, I enabled that.

I have NOT been able to figure out how to activate this as a turn signal without removing the "POSITION" setting on the Turning Lamp Usage setting. When I removed this, the amber lights did not stay on constantly. This is also with the DRL setting ON in the vehicle settings. Changing this setting did not modify any of my lights. On a weirder note, I was able to activate the WHITE GLOWING LEDs atop the main vehicle lights as turn signals. This looked stupid, however.

If anyone knows how to use the Parking Lamps as turn signals while keeping them on all the time, please let me know. This was my first time messing with ForScan, so I do not feel comfortable modifying the numbers without knowing where to go. if someone can help, it would be appreciated!
just save the numbers before you mess around with anything….change anything you want….and if your worried just load the original copy in and it will revert all back to original