Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Installed intercooler, need help ID-ing these bolts

Reactions
Hi all,
Last weekend I installed a CV Fabrication intercooler, AFE intake, one step colder plugs and a blacked out front emblem. Try as I might to be careful, I ended up with two extra bolts. They are black, 5mm x 30mm with a 10mm head and captured washer (pictured). I tried to keep the screws grouped together by general step in the process, and I believe these were in the group with the front bumper undertray/lower front bumper cover area before or very shortly after the bumper cover itself was removed.

They look similar to what I’d expect the lower AGS shroud to be secured with, but on my ‘21 I believe that was secured entirely with 6 aluminum rivets and zero bolts (in addition to the two zip ties that have to be cut).

Anyway, does anyone recognize these two mysterious bolts?

Attachments

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hi all,
Last weekend I installed a CV Fabrication intercooler, AFE intake, one step colder plugs and a blacked out front emblem. Try as I might to be careful, I ended up with two extra bolts. They are black, 5mm x 30mm with a 10mm head and captured washer (pictured). I tried to keep the screws grouped together by general step in the process, and I believe these were in the group with the front bumper undertray/lower front bumper cover area before or very shortly after the bumper cover itself was removed.

They look similar to what I’d expect the lower AGS shroud to be secured with, but on my ‘21 I believe that was secured entirely with 6 aluminum rivets and zero bolts (in addition to the two zip ties that have to be cut).

Anyway, does anyone recognize these two mysterious bolts?
These are the bolts from the lower core support.
1683032541646.png

OP
THNX SVT
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thank you for the reply! I should have mentioned those since the bolts you’re referencing are the probably the closest to the two I’m referring to in this install. That’s not them though. The fender to bumper cover bolts were really easy to identify since they had a gallon of thread lock on them from the factory, and all 4 were reinstalled.