Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Idle flutter

Reactions
Anyone ever experience a subtle idle flutter / shudder while at idle in gear fully warmed up. Like it feels like it would stall but then bounces back up to norm for a few seconds then flutters again? Any advice on what can be the cause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Anyone ever experience a subtle idle flutter / shudder while at idle in gear fully warmed up. Like it feels like it would stall but then bounces back up to norm for a few seconds then flutters again? Any advice on what can be the cause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, experience this almost on a daily basis especially when it is warming up and intermittently when warmed up. Also, it is way worse when the AC is turned on and idles rough. I have read a couple examples of Ford resetting the PCM but have yet to take it into the service department. Apparently there is a TSB for this issue when the AC is on. I had a fuel injection service done about a month ago and it started doing this after so hoping that didn't cause some sort of an issue?

Explorer ST Posts