Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Iconic silver dirt road killer.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Just a photo dump of my build in no particular order.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
AlexscottST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Front wheels don’t fit with 1/4 inch spacers. Rubs strut ring. Waiting on 1.25 spacers

goes to shop Tuesday for lift install

Attachments

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You could have saved yourself a lot of hassle if you had done some reading or asked about wheel fit first. Your tire is too tall, that’s obvious. Now depending on wheel width and offset plus the tire that’s too big, when you put on the spacer it’s gonna rub the fenders HARD when you try to turn. At some point the best path forward is to back up and buy the right stuff.
Just for grins though what’s the wheel specs and tire size?

OP
AlexscottST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
I knew they weren’t going to fit in the front. The spacers are behind in shipping plus im at the will of the shop doing the lift so I couldn’t keep my grubby hands away from it. I had the 1/4 spacers laying around and threw them on for science. I’m sure they are going to rub when I put the spacers on but I’m optimistic the lift is gonna help out a lot with the trimming that it’ll need. I did ask around on this forum about tire sizes and got 265/65/18 and 285/60/18. No hassle here I’m just passing along the information I gain from this explorer Idea I have going atm. The tire size is 275/70/18 Enkei wheels with a +40 offset

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
So you got good advice to go with a 31.5” tall tire but you went with a 33”+ tall tire? I don’t get it but ok…you now know why nobody told you to use a tire that tall…it won’t clear the strut by a large margin.

Rescue51

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Just Curious... Why not start out with a Explorer Timberline vs ST ?
2023timber.jpg

OP
AlexscottST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
So you got good advice to go with a 31.5” tall tire but you went with a 33”+ tall tire? I don’t get it but ok…you now know why nobody told you to use a tire that tall…it won’t clear the strut by a large margin.
I’m not sure why you are so aggro about the whole situation If I wanna do dumb shit I will. New tires are easy to come by. I’ll have them wrapped in a smaller size tomorrow. I’m trying to put the largest tire I can on it.
Just Curious... Why not start out with a Explorer Timberline vs ST ?
View attachment 18076
The timberline doesn’t come with the 3 liter

OP
AlexscottST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
265/70/18 Absolute biggest tire I could get on it. 1/4 inch spacers on front and back slight rub at full lock. Doesn’t damage liner.

Attachments

OP
AlexscottST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
Still waiting on lift install but damn she is looking so much better.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Looking good man. It's not the direction I would go, but thats the great thing about buying a vehicle...can make it your own. Excited to see how this turns out.

OP
AlexscottST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #15
Traxda 1.5 lift installed. Catch me in the pines

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
AlexscottST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #16
IMG_9088.jpeg IMG_9071.jpeg IMG_9071.jpeg IMG_9071.jpeg IMG_9071.jpeg IMG_9080.jpeg IMG_9083.jpeg IMG_9088.jpeg