Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

IC Cold Side Pipe

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hi All,
Is it complicated installing this pipe after an IC upgrade or is it more practical to do it while installing the IC?
Thanks.

yettihead

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST - Infinite Blue Metallic
Hi All,
Is it complicated installing this pipe after an IC upgrade or is it more practical to do it while installing the IC?
Thanks.
I changed mine recently and it took 30 minutes or so. It would definitely be easier while upgrading the IC, but you can still easily do it afterwards.

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
I changed mine recently and it took 30 minutes or so. It would definitely be easier while upgrading the IC, but you can still easily do it afterwards.
Ok, thanks for the confirmation yettihead!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s a simple swap either way. How long it takes will depend on what version you’re installing and what year your car is. If you have an early model, then you’ll have to deal with the factory bypass valve and wiring in the resistor for that bit if you have a newer car you’ll only have to deal with tapping the vacuum line for whatever blow off valve you got. If all you got was the plain charge pipe then that’s just a five minute swap.

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
It’s a simple swap either way. How long it takes will depend on what version you’re installing and what year your car is. If you have an early model, then you’ll have to deal with the factory bypass valve and wiring in the resistor for that bit if you have a newer car you’ll only have to deal with tapping the vacuum line for whatever blow off valve you got. If all you got was the plain charge pipe then that’s just a five minute swap.
Yeah, I'm going to go with the S&B pipe on the 2020. Thanks for the hit!