Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

I wish I had a black and red two-tone leather interior.

Blackssr

Reactions
I am thrilled with my Ford ST. I have the metallic White with the boring black interior. I drove my wife's Trackhawk last evening. It is white with black and red two-tone interior. I realized how awesome it would be a if Ford offered a two-tone black and red interior or a two-tone tan and black interior on the Explorer ST. The manufacturers seem to cop out, take the easy way out and offer only a boring black interior. The only option for me would be to spend the $2,000 and have Katzkin do the interior in black and red two tone. I've searched the internet for any photos of someone who did it so I can get a good idea of what it looks like finished, but no such luck.
Do you guys feel the same and wish Ford offered more interior color options?

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
An optional choice or two would be nice, but without seeing what any other color would look like I love the all black. It has that "I mean business" look.

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I disagree it looks like a gloomy coffin inside. In my opinion the inside is where you see most of the time. I love two -tone interiors. It gives a more upscale look and feel. We can agree to disagree because Ford is never going to offer an upgraded two tone interior anyway. Lol.
Everyone's taste is different.

Reactions
I am thrilled with my Ford ST. I have the metallic White with the boring black interior. I drove my wife's Trackhawk last evening. It is white with black and red two-tone interior. I realized how awesome it would be a if Ford offered a two-tone black and red interior or a two-tone tan and black interior on the Explorer ST. The manufacturers seem to cop out, take the easy way out and offer only a boring black interior. The only option for me would be to spend the $2,000 and have Katzkin do the interior in black and red two tone. I've searched the internet for any photos of someone who did it so I can get a good idea of what it looks like finished, but no such luck.
Do you guys feel the same and wish Ford offered more interior color options?
I’ve never owned a two-tone interior vehicle. I am always attracted to one-off colors or fancy designs but I never end up in them. Black is safe for me. We were originally looking at an XLT Explorer for my wife but ended up in the ST after the test drive. I have toyed around with changing the ST logo on the seats red. Think I’ll mock up an image...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Fords other "2 tone" interiors in the platinum are not good so if they offered something it would likely be a terrible shade of red anyway that nobody would like.

We looked at the tan interior platinum and I counted at least 5 shades of brown. Had they put the brown seats in with an otherwise straight black interior I likely would have bought a platinum instead of the st...

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
I had Katzkin interior put in my 2008 SRT supercharged Challenger. A dealer in North Carolina had a connection with them and if memory serves it cost me less than $800 for the entire interior and my good friend and I put it in. The difficult part was softening the leather and being patient while the sun made it very pliable. The Florida Sun was an asset in softening and getting rid of the wrinkles that the leather got from shipping and being folded in the box. Once the sun soften the leather and made it extremely pliable it was a bit easier to work with. It still was a long arduous process dealing with those cog rings (sp?) but we got it in and it looked fantastic. Unfortunately I cannot find the photos. It was black and burgundy two tone with embroidered SRT supercharged logos. They were stunning and the leather quality was superb. This is a stock photo off of their website. The dealer in North Carolina who ran the Hellcat forum had some special promotion where they embroidered a gorgeous logo of your choice on each of the four seats locations. The work that went into the embroidery was the closer for me. The embroidery work was spectacular. I wish we had a Ford dealer that played as nice as the Hellcat dealer with aftermarket vendors. I would drop the coin without hesitation to get the custom interior that I want in the Explorer ST

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
I can't tell from the photo is it embroidery or a decal? I think it looks awesome and I think it would look even better if the stitching was the same color.

Reactions
I can't tell from the photo is it embroidery or a decal? I think it looks awesome and I think it would look even better if the stitching was the same color.
Just a quick photo shop. Mine is plain as hell. I’ve thought about what it would take. Not sure vinyl would stick, and have heard it doesn’t play well with leather come removal time. Also thought about plastidip. Would that stick to leather? Maybe, but overspray...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk