Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

I bought a 400a and now I have no camera or nav but I saved 4k can I add

Reactions
401 package was full of electronic junk I didnt want, its so unclear what came with what, can I add the front Camera? or Nav? I didnt want all this steering assist, adaptive cruise and other assorted crap, what next sunroof as standard, im happy with my savings

Reactions
I love the adaptive cruise. It’s great for long trips.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
^^ I hate it more than anything other than sunroofs, the car oscillates speed without my input and turns everything into follow the leader, I switch cruise off and start moving around slow people

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You may be able to add the navigation, but why bother. Just use CarPlay/AA.

doubt you can add the camera.

I agree with Chris, those adaptive cruise systems are awesome. I can’t wait to have copilot 360.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Adaptive cruise is the best tech on the car. Great for long trips but also for just commuting if you do a lot of highways. To me, this car is not the same without all the bells and whistles. It is a pain to try to add on the features you wanted... and in some cases, just not practical.

Reactions
401 package was full of electronic junk I didnt want, its so unclear what came with what, can I add the front Camera? or Nav? I didnt want all this steering assist, adaptive cruise and other assorted crap, what next sunroof as standard, im happy with my savings
And they are lighter and faster!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions
^^ I hate it more than anything other than sunroofs, the car oscillates speed without my input and turns everything into follow the leader, I switch cruise off and start moving around slow people
I use to think this as well, but then I used it a few times and it is pretty sweet.

Reactions
You can add anything if you want to pay for it. I wouldn't be surprised if the wiring hardness for the camera is already installed.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
^^not sure, my theory about it being all tech pkg or none is that they only have 2 harnesses, one w/all of and one with none

Reactions
IDK I love all the tech crap on mine. But like someone else said, just use AA/AC, better navigation and UI overall vs Sync 3. Sync 3 is one of the worst part of the Explorer.