Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hyperflash?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I swapped out the rear turn signal lamps for LEDs. When I tested for hyper-flash, all was well, outside and inside. I tested several times - no hyper-flash. This morning in the way to work, the inside indicators are hyper-flashing and sometimes the "clicker" only hyper-clicking, but the outside lamps are fine; steady, regular flashing. I can add six-ohm, 50W resistors but I suspect that won't affect the inside lamps.

Past experience was always the hyper-flash was consistently there (or not). I can't figure how this can only affect the indicators. I can live with this to have max visibilty. I have switch-backs on the Mustang and I've become accustomed to it, just wondering if anyone else has experienced the weirdness.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
I had same issue on mine. Didn't HF at first and then next time I came out to the car they did. Maybe learning for the voltage issue?

Forescan quickly disabled that problem for me! Easiest fix instead of the resisters. Plus lots of fun goodies when you mess with forescan settings.

OP
MikeHTally
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #3
I do need to ForScan the car. I've not done that yet, since I don't want to sweat my butt off sitting in there for a hour. I need to exorcise the double-honk, A.S.S. (if I can find that), set fogs-as-cornering and two-press of the panic button and a few other things I did to the Mustang and the Limited.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I do need to ForScan the car. I've not done that yet, since I don't want to sweat my butt off sitting in there for a hour. I need to exorcise the double-honk, A.S.S. (if I can find that), set fogs-as-cornering and two-press of the panic button and a few other things I did to the Mustang and the Limited.
What’s the two press of the panic button?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Oh that’s pretty cool. I can’t say I have had that issue but I like that idea. I’m trying to find more cool things to do so if I find anything else, I’ll do that when I’m in there.

Reactions
I did the HF disable with Forscan as well. It’s just easier then messing with resistors IMO. Also did the double honk and disabled the FENG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MikeHTally
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #8
What’s the two press of the panic button?
Too often the panic alarm goes off when the key's in my pocket. Not nice if it's early in the morning. My neighbors are good folks - don't want to ruin that.

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST 2022
Anyone know what the forscan setting is called to keep the headlight on while the blinker is on. I'm not a fan of the light turning off when the blinker is on.

OP
MikeHTally
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #10
Anyone know what the forscan setting is called to keep the headlight on while the blinker is on. I'm not a fan of the light turning off when the blinker is on.
Those are the DRLs, not the head lights. The computer turns the DRL off on that side to make the turn signal more visible

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST 2022
Those are the DRLs, not the head lights. The computer turns the DRL off on that side to make the turn signal more visible
My bad. Yes, the DRLs. I don't think (?) the Interceptors turn off for the blinker so I figured that was a setting in forscan.

OP
MikeHTally
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #12
Good question. I'll have to try noticing if the DRLs work the same on a LE vehicle.

hbalek

Reactions
Good question. I'll have to try noticing if the DRLs work the same on a LE vehicle.
All cars do that with DRL and turn signal and it must be federally mandated so as not to distract from other drivers seeing the turn signal clearly.