Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Husky cargo liner velcro issue

Reactions
Just got a Husky rear cargo liner...

Fits well....sort of.

Velcro doesnt make sense to me. I mean im usually pretty good with this stuff, but damned if I can figure it out.

This is how it comes:

NOTHING in that picture sticks to the carpet on the seat back. The instructions basically make it sound like the square should stick to the seat back and stay there and you peel it off when you need to remove it. Nope, not happening. The circle and the square both feel the same. The side of the square that is not visible is what sticks to the carpet, but its needed to stick to the circle...

So before I send this back...or rig something up, anybody got any ideas?

Im planning to contact husky and ask them to make sure I am not missing something from the box or there was a product error.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
nobody has one of these?

I emailed Huskey with zero reply... guess ill send them another email.

03xxSTxx31

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
IIRC, I took the rectangle pieces off and threw them away. The circular piece should velcro to the carpet and hold the liner to the back of the seat.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
IIRC, I took the rectangle pieces off and threw them away. The circular piece should velcro to the carpet and hold the liner to the back of the seat.
nope. The circle is basically the same material as the carpet... I believe its considered the "loop" on the "hook and loop" i.e. velcro.

Im wondering if mine had the wrong side of the pieces installed at the factory.

Reactions
I returned mine it’s a piece of junk for how much it costs… seats don’t fold right with it at all!

Mmsean

Reactions
Mine works perfectly.

balkda2

Reactions
Take the rectangles off and toss. The circles hold tight to the carpet. Almost too tight.

Reactions
I just installed that cargo liner on my ST. I took the rectangular pieces and circular pieces off the liner, and repositioned the bottom (closest to bumper) completely. Having the Velcro on the side pocket covers makes no sense. I moved the Velcro to be at the bottom corners of the trunk tray lid. I moved the top Velcro to be at the corners of the third row seats.

F=MA

Reactions
I didn't order one so I have no issues :p

Reactions
FYI, after almost a month using this … things were always sliding around on this liner, it’s too smooth. I’m using bungee cords to keep stuff in place. The third row seats have gone up and down with this in place without any issue though.

I just installed that cargo liner on my ST. I took the rectangular pieces and circular pieces off the liner, and repositioned the bottom (closest to bumper) completely. Having the Velcro on the side pocket covers makes no sense. I moved the Velcro to be at the bottom corners of the trunk tray lid. I moved the top Velcro to be at the corners of the third row seats.