Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hub Centric Spacers?

Reactions

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
0.25" or ~7mm. Dont ever install extended lug studs. If you need to go thicker than 0.25" then just get Bora spacers with built in lugs. You will need 1.25" or greater to avoid needing to trim the studs.

OP
N
Reactions
Thread Starter #3

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I can't say if they will be "safe" as I have no experience with that particular company. But they will fit appropriately.

Curious though? Why only 5mm? Are you trying to space out an aftermarket wheel? If you are looking to space out the stockers, the reccd' fitment is 1.25" fr, 1.5"rr.

OP
N
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I can't say if they will be "safe" as I have no experience with that particular company. But they will fit appropriately.

Curious though? Why only 5mm? Are you trying to space out an aftermarket wheel? If you are looking to space out the stockers, the reccd' fitment is 1.25" fr, 1.5"rr.
Yea I have a 10" wide aftermarket wheel with a +35 offset. I'd ideally want to be at +25 offset.

I'm looking at some 15mm spacers that have lug studs built in as well that would get me to +20 offset but that sticks out an extra 4mm from the gold standard 10.5 wide wheel with a +30 offset. So looks like these 5mm spacers might be my best option to get me to +30 offset on the 10 inch wide wheel.

All that being said maybe I should just live with the 10" +35 offset as it already sits 15mm further out than the stock 21" wheels so its not that far off from where I want to be.

for reference the gold standard of 10.5 +30 is 26mm further out than the stock 21" wheels.

Last edited:

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Makes sense. FYI, I'm running 22x10.5+30 wheels and am ALSO running a 0.25" spacer in the rear as the front track width is 0.5" wider than the rear track width. So you have some room to play with.

If you go any wider than 0.25" on spacers, especially if you move to studded ones, I would ONLY trust Bora. But I would also avoid trimming studs like my life depended on it so I wouldn't necessarily be considering anything smaller than 1.25" unless I knew slip-ons would suffice.

OP
N
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Makes sense. FYI, I'm running 22x10.5+30 wheels and am ALSO running a 0.25" spacer in the rear as the front track width is 0.5" wider than the rear track width. So you have some room to play with.

If you go any wider than 0.25" on spacers, especially if you move to studded ones, I would ONLY trust Bora. But I would also avoid trimming studs like my life depended on it so I wouldn't necessarily be considering anything smaller than 1.25" unless I knew slip-ons would suffice.
Thanks for your input! Appreciate it!

you wouldn’t happen to have a link to the 1/4” ones you are using in the rear would you?

Explorer ST Posts