Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

HPTuners RTD issue

Reactions
After writing a tune, I keep getting an error that says data integrity check failed. This occurs right after the key cycle at the end. Does anyone know how to fix or what the prob is? I cant even revert to stock tune until i figure it out.

Reactions
Can't help...but that has been a fear of mine since flashing tunes to the car. All the computer stuff makes even one small error a lethal blow for being able to start the car.

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I think I've figured out the reason for the data integrity check failure. I’ve now had it succeed 2 times in a row. It seems the trick is to IMMEDIATELY turn the ignition off when prompted by the program (even a couple second delay and it will fail). Then I count to 4, turn ignition on, count to 4 again and then click “OK”. I dont think my 4 second count is the trick but the 4 second count and the immediate turning off of the key has worked like a charm thus far! Hopefully this helps someone who runs into this issue down the line.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I don’t think the delay in turning it off is the culprit...when I change tunes sometimes I just let it donuts thing while I do other things...it’ll sit for 5-10 minutes sometimes.

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Hmm...good to know. Safe to assume ur using the RTD flasher and interface as opp to MPVI2/etc?

LokiWolf

Reactions
RTD and MPVI2 are the exact same hardware. RTD just isn't licensed to open the files in Editor.

It happens periodically. The time between turning off the car and turning on the car is what matters. Most people turn it back on too quick.

Zim

Reactions
I think I've figured out the reason for the data integrity check failure. I’ve now had it succeed 2 times in a row. It seems the trick is to IMMEDIATELY turn the ignition off when prompted by the program (even a couple second delay and it will fail). Then I count to 4, turn ignition on, count to 4 again and then click “OK”. I dont think my 4 second count is the trick but the 4 second count and the immediate turning off of the key has worked like a charm thus far! Hopefully this helps someone who runs into this issue down the line.
Just had this problem. Worked like a charm! Lol… now I can leave the target parking lot.