Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

HP Tuner RTD questions

Reactions
I have the opportunity to get a HP RTD tuner very cheaply. It has a Chevy tune on it. Is this tuner like some of the others where it needs to be unmarried?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Can't speak to the RTD but the MVPI2 does not get married to any vehicle. You use the credits when you register a vehicle to tune but nothing stops you from plugging it into another vehicle other than credits. In other words you can tune multiple vehicles with it.

Reactions
no, the HP tuners does not need to be unmarried. You would need to purchase credits (qty 4) from HP Tuners to unlock your ST and flash a tune. You can use a single HPT device for dozens of cars. Not sure of the exact limit, but it's pretty high.

Credits are however married to a VIN. You can't buy 4 credits and use them on multiple Exp STs.

OP
mattastic13
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
SO....if I bought it. Theoretically I could buy the credits through ZFG and get mine tuned?

Reactions
SO....if I bought it. Theoretically I could buy the credits through ZFG and get mine tuned?
Do it....Do it.

Then when you buy a C6 Z06 you can use the same HP Tuners to flash tunes to that, once you buy credits for it. Hell, you can even tune your Sea-Doo or Can-Am.