Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Howdy from austin

EinTx

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
picked up a 2020 ST last month after selling my ranger to my dad.
Already sound deadened the 4 doors and installed some 6.5 components in both doors.

Its a cool lil suv for sure. Sooo much smoother than my ranger and often dont realize im doing 20mph over .

ill wrap up the stereo upgrade with a 5ch amp and a 12” sub flush mounted in the floor over the spare tire at some point this summer. May add a dayton dsp or similar to bring it all together since i have no plans on running this system active.

other than a stereo upgrade, lookin at steeda springs/sway bar, intercooler and a tune and just enjoy it.

Madisonville ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Welcome to the forum.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Already sound deadened the 4 doors and installed some 6.5 components in both doors.

Its a cool lil suv for sure. Sooo much smoother than my ranger and often dont realize im doing 20mph over .

ill wrap up the stereo upgrade with a 5ch amp and a 12” sub flush mounted in the floor over the spare tire at some point this summer. May add a dayton dsp or similar to bring it all together since i have no plans on running this system active.

other than a stereo upgrade, lookin at steeda springs/sway bar, intercooler and a tune and just enjoy it.
Welcome to the forum.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you are no stranger to modding your car to make it yours.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Carbonized Gray Explorer ST
Hill Country ST here. I've been considering putting some sound barrier in the doors. What did you use? How much did it cut down on road noise?

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
OP
E

EinTx

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Thread Starter #8
Hill Country ST here. I've been considering putting some sound barrier in the doors. What did you use? How much did it cut down on road noise?
I used some butyl backed closed cell foam and the buytl backed foil deadener. Compared to other vehicles ive owned, even stock the ST is 10x quieter than anything else. It did clean up the factory speakers a lot though.
Like Unbroken did i also put deadener on the plastic door panel itself and that did wonders, now im just chasing a few pin point rattles and squeaks since everything else is quieted down.

OP
E

EinTx

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Thread Starter #9
What amp are you installing.

I'm in the middle of installing a Audio Control D-5 1300 AMP in my ST.

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/st-audio-control-d-5.5457/
Im in a budget and likely going with a pioneer gh-d9705. Should i ever go active ill run an audio control or jl dsp amp. But realistically its not needed for me this go around and im trying to buy a house soon so money is cautiously spent haha

Mackdaddy

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST replaced my 2022 that was totaled
Welcome from Tampa Bay area (Riverview), Fl., enjoy the ride.