Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

How does everyone wash and dry the roof?

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
That's what I use to wash an dry the roof ...

IMG_0473.jpg

The roof rack was worth every penny, would never get an SUV without one just for that reason alone.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
5 Gallon pail. Upside down of course :LOL:

EXP3RT

Reactions
I have a small step stool but it's unsafe wobbling on the driveway when I'm cleaning and drying the roof. Gotta figure an easier way that's faster, hows everyone doing it?
I'm 6'6 so, that helps me

Ljn21

Reactions
Out of stock right now and pricey when available but I use these and compared to Harbor Freight ones I had first, are much higher quality. I have two, one for each side. Super easy to put them in place and not have to move them around when washing and drying.

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adams-standard-step-stool

AkD3ntFix

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
step one. 5 year premium ceramic coating applied with the appropriate 48 hour set time minimal light / W / a vacuum to the space.
(My second new explorer / coating) {yes ^ those steps DO make a difference in the performance of the product

Step 2. Hit it with the hose. And then hit it with sport mode

Last edited:

i8iridium

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Front door sills and standing on back tires. :LOL:

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
5 gallon pail upside down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I have a small step stool but it's unsafe wobbling on the driveway when I'm cleaning and drying the roof. Gotta figure an easier way that's faster, hows everyone doing it?
Since mine isn't lowered yet i still will stand on the tire to clean the top, and im getting a little older!

Taxgod4u

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Exploder-ST
RV brush as my F250 has a 6" lift, make the ST easy.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I stand on a 20" platform and use a high quality Montana Boars Hair Brush or microfiber mop with an extendable 6 foot pole to wash. If the car is just kind of dusty when I wash, I'll use the microfiber mop. If it's actually dirty I use the boars hair brush. There is a technique when using a boars hair brush so as to not damage the finish. If you go that route, read up on it.

I use an EGO 765 Blower with a shorty nozzle and protective rubber tip. The EGO is plenty powerful, I believe this is as good as it gets for a blower combination for auto detailing.

I'd recommend this blower for grills and mirrors, not to mention around the yard usage. The shorty nozzle lets you get up close and personal without worrying about slipping with a hard plastic snout. It's top notch.

51TVTU6xLIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
There is a step that u can pt into the trailer hitch which would help u do the back part of the roof . To dry I use an old California blade . Or one of the leaf blowers ..I'll try to find the link for the step but wouldnt be suprised if Harbor freight doesnt make one also

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST