Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

How are you cleaning the perforated leather?

Reactions
Wondering how everyone is cleaning the perforated leather in the seats and on the steering wheel? I predominately use Jax Wax products, and have had great luck with Leather Magic in the past, but haven't had to use it with perforated leather.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
The leather is coated...basically painted. Clean it with whatever you like but conditioners are useless as they won’t penetrate.

Thamac15

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
P&S Interior Cleaner and a brush. Sometimes I’ve used Wolfgang Leather Cleaner. I then use 303 Protectant and Ultimate Fast Finish for coated leather. Some leather balms/conditioners are formulated for coated leather, they just don’t advertise it because 99% of people have no idea about coated leather. Meguiars has a write up in Autogeek.net on their ultimate leather balm and its usage on coated leather. I’ve used it many times for testing purposes with no ill effects.

a great protectant for coated leather is Meguiars Ultimate Fast finish. Designed for paint obviously, but it’s formulation works great with coated leather. Give it a shot.

Blackssr

Reactions
I just use a small handheld electric blower and wipe down with a damn cloth. I usually wash my car everyday so it doesn't really get that dirty inside. Just a bit dusty and I never eat in the car.

Reactions
The leather is coated...basically painted. Clean it with whatever you like but conditioners are useless as they won’t penetrate.
I wish I read this. before I bought some leather cleaner and conditioner... lol
In the back of my head, I wondered if we had real leather anyway, just cause I didn't think it "looked" right...

Reactions
I don't think my leather will last long enough to need cleaning, just have it replaced on warranty.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I don't think my leather will last long enough to need cleaning, just have it replaced on warranty.
Are you sure you're on the right website? whinebitchandcomplain.com is only a few keystrokes away! Or, you could try negativenelly.com.

Reactions
Tmac, my dealer is picking up my car this morning to replace the driver's seat. Is that considered normal in your world? The middle seat behind the driver is on order. You must have an empty dance card if you think this is a legitimate part of life.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Tmac, my dealer is picking up my car this morning to replace the driver's seat. Is that considered normal in your world? The middle seat behind the driver is on order. You must have an empty dance card if you think this is a legitimate part of life.
Normal in "my world" is that bad things occasionally happen. You've only just joined and your every post is to complain. Ok, so you didn't research the car or it's fuel requirements. That's Ford's fault? And now, Ford is attempting to fix whatever is wrong with your seats- those rotten SOBs. Next you'll complain that when the car is off it still makes noises interrupting your napping.
Oh, wait...https://www.explorerst.org/threads/electric-door-lock-sounds.1929/#post-24286

Last edited:
Reactions
Did you read that thread? Can you explain why it makes that noise? Another poster asked the question which one of us attempted to answer.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Did you read that thread? Can you explain why it makes that noise? Another poster asked the question which one of us attempted to answer.
What noise? Do you even read your own posts? You are obviously a noxious, attention seeking troll. Is there nothing else in your life other than exhibiting your shortcomings?

Reactions
Are you sure you're on the right website? whinebitchandcomplain.com is only a few keystrokes away! Or, you could try negativenelly.com.
:ROFLMAO: