Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Electric Door Lock Sounds

Reactions
Has anyone experienced periodic door lock actuator noises after the doors have been lock for some time. When our ST has been locked, I continue to hear periodic clicking from either the relay, lock solinoids or something affiliated with the door lock system. The doors do not unlock during the noises, although the sounds seem abnormal to me at the least. Thanks in advance.

Reactions
Mine does that too, riding on the ferry, everything supposedly off, a series of "solenoid sounds" happens throughout the 40 minutes or so that we're in the car. I suspect its something to do with the proximity of the key but its annoying, interrupts our naps!

Reactions
Whenever I walk by ours while it's parked under the carport it makes this noise, and I don't have the key anywhere near the car. I wondered if it was some type of motion sensor? Does it when we're washing and waxing as well.

Reactions
Seems someone would know what these are doing, ha! The Aviator makes the same noises. We noticed it when wandering the car lots looking at them. We thought maybe they were transformers and actually alive.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Someone posted an explanation on the forums, unfortunately I don't remember who or where it was posted

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Possibly related:
There's an issue with flat batteries on Ford Transit used by contractors who are in & out of their van fetching stuff without driving anywhere all day. Apparently the vehicle "wakes up" when a door is opened & takes about 30-40 minutes to fully doze off again. Contractors discovered that having the van awake all day from repeatedly opening doors was causing it not to doze off at all for hours & killing the batteries.