Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hood Strut Install Video RedlineTuning

OP
FatGuyBuilds_YT
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Not Sure why a 58k$ car doesn't come with hood struts!!!!!!!!!!

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Awesome video, thank you!

OHST

Reactions
great job

Reactions
I ended up finding it with a link from another thread... Just picked it up from Redline. You can ignore my comment on your video too...

Reactions
Great video! I will be ordering these and picking up that rivet gun from Home Depot.

Thanks!

F=MA

Reactions
Do you remember if the rivets were 3/16" steel or aluminum. The ones I received were shiny steel (black ends) and were magnetic. My rivet tool wouldn't install them. I wrote Redline but also wanted to know if anyone else received aluminum or steel rivets, had issues with installing the rivets and which rivet tools did you use to install them. Two handing the rivet gun wouldn't work even when I added leverage to the handles. Did anyone buy the optional rivet gun from redline and did it work?

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
I do believe they are Aluminum. I screwed up and placed a mount with the ball facing backwards (so busy measuring I didn't pay attention to placement :( ). I went ahead and drilled out the single rivet I had placed and replaced it with a 3/16" aluminum rivet. Effort to install that rivet and the ones that came with the kit were the same hence my assumption. I dabbed a bit of black paint on the replacement rivet and all looks normal.

OP
FatGuyBuilds_YT
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Do you remember if the rivets were 3/16" steel or aluminum. The ones I received were shiny steel (black ends) and were magnetic. My rivet tool wouldn't install them. I wrote Redline but also wanted to know if anyone else received aluminum or steel rivets, had issues with installing the rivets and which rivet tools did you use to install them. Two handing the rivet gun wouldn't work even when I added leverage to the handles. Did anyone buy the optional rivet gun from redline and did it work?
aluminum. but steel will work fine too. you must be using the wrong adapter in the rivet gun. i am using a junk home depot rivet gun.

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
Not Sure why a 58k$ car doesn't come with hood struts!!!!!!!!!!
because modders would have nothing to do!!

Reactions
Vehicle
21 Explorer ST
Nice put them on first thing! just like my 17 Fusion Sport shame on u Ford

Explorer ST Posts