Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hit a deer

Fade2black

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hello all,
hit a deer tonight and blew up the front end along with the louvers near the radiator and hood latch mechanism.
is it better to get work done by Ford or a local shop?
thanks

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Myself I would go with a Ford body shop and make sure they use OEM parts. Just my opinion.

OP
F

Fade2black

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Myself I would go with a Ford body shop and make sure they use OEM parts. Just my opinion.
Yea that’s what I figured just thought a local body shop might fudge the estimate so I could get my summer rims lol

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Always saves big $$ vs dealer to go with a trusty Indy mechanic. The hard part is finding a top notch one - thank god I have years ago.

I bring OEM parts and he has saved me thousands over the years.

Last edited:

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Hello all,....
is it better to get work done by Ford or a local shop? thanks
That really depends on YOUR own situation, dealership trust or as others have said, If you have an independent body shop you can trust you might be better going through them. My local Body shop orders all OEM parts, but if I'm paying, I get the wholesaler's price, he just charges me for his labor and the time to research and get the parts. His work is just as good as the dealers body shop, the parts are the same, and he still charges way less that the ford dealership does...