Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

High Performance Pack

ranjel

Reactions
Hi, Just got my ST and it came with the High Performance Pack, what's the difference from the Street Pack?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You paid $600 extra for brake pads. That’s the only difference.

OP
ranjel

ranjel

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
You paid $600 extra for brake pads. That’s the only difference.
Wow.. So the brake pads are bigger? I would imagine for $600 there must be a difference from the Street Pack Brake pads.

Reactions
Wow.. So the brake pads are bigger? I would imagine for $600 there must be a difference from the Street Pack Brake pads.
Not any bigger, just a different compound. Since it is a dealer installed option (not from the factory), that $600 also includes the time/labor to install them. There really is not much of a noticeable difference in performance, but they do squeak in cold weather compared to the standard Street Pack brakes.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I guess it also means the dealer gets to keep (and eventually resell) the virtually unused pads.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Not any bigger, just a different compound. Since it is a dealer installed option (not from the factory), that $600 also includes the time/labor to install them. There really is not much of a noticeable difference in performance, but they do squeak in cold weather compared to the standard Street Pack brakes.
They’re factory installed now according to others that have paid for the option.

OP
ranjel

ranjel

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Well I'm lucky that I live in Florida, so hopefully no squeaking... we will see. Thanks for all the info.

Reactions
They’re factory installed now according to others that have paid for the option.
It's nice that they are factory installed now, but it makes it even more overpriced for what you get.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I guess it also means the dealer gets to keep (and eventually resell) the virtually unused pads.
Thankfully for me, my dealer had put my street pack pads on my back seat because i needed to put them back on within a month of ownership. The dust and squeal from the hp pads was horrible.

OP
ranjel

ranjel

Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Thankfully for me, my dealer had put my street pack pads on my back seat because i needed to put them back on within a month of ownership. The dust and squeal from the hp pads was horrible.
Mine is MY22 and it came with the HP Pack from factory, so didn't have a choice to get the Street Break pads. Will see how they preform.

Explorer ST Posts