Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hi from Louisiana 2021 Explorer St

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I have been reading posts for a couple months now and finally bought my CPO 21 ST..
looking forward to meeting everyone. I just realized my ST has only one bolt in the rear. Is this a recall or warranty item or do I need to correct it myself?
Thanks!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I have been reading posts for a couple months now and finally bought my CPO 21 ST..
looking forward to meeting everyone. I just realized my ST has only one bolt in the rear. Is this a recall or warranty item or do I need to correct it myself?
Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.

OP
LSU Tigers
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Thank you. Glad to be here. I just ordered the AWR diff bracket. Looking to install that this weekend.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thank you. Glad to be here. I just ordered the AWR diff bracket. Looking to install that this weekend.
Welcome to the forum. That AWR is a good choice.

OP
LSU Tigers
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Thanks! I debated the ID but just couldn’t justify the extra cost. I think the AWR will work fine. I’m waiting on my ZFG tune to come in also.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Make sure you get a ratcheting E18 box wrench for the diff cover bolts. AWR directions say to use a 13mm, but those who tried it say it doesn't work.

This is what I got - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HBF5MA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Install was pretty simple. I didn't lift the back end and had plenty of room to work.

OP
LSU Tigers
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
I did get the ratchet E18. I didn’t know I could get to it without lifting. That’s even better. I really appreciate the heads up.
I have a silly question.
after the ZFG 93 tune, do you still use the different drive modes? Or is it pretty senseless after the tune?

thanks again!!

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thanks!
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new ST.