Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Help With Keyless Entry Factory Code

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
The factoy code is stored in the BCM (bod control module), if you have a scantool you can read the code there. The last tool I used showed the code in PID list, I'm sure other tools may be different.
Here's the procedure to retrieve the code from Ford using the keyfobs:

Factory Keycode Retrieval

The factory keycode for the keyless entry keypad can be retrieved from a label on the BCM, a wallet card in the Owner's Literature, using a diagnostic scan tool, or by using 2 programmed keys.

To retrieve the factory keycode using 2 programmed keys, carry out the following steps within 10 seconds:

• Place the first programmed key into the ignition lock cylinder (IKT (if equipped) or the backup starting location (passive key) (if equipped) and turn the ignition on.
  • Turn the ignition off and remove the first programmed key.
  • Place the second programmed key into the ignition lock cylinder (IKT (if equipped) or the backup starting location (passive key) (if equipped) and turn the ignition on.

NOTE: Warning messages display in the message center prior to the keycode being displayed.

The factory keycode displays momentarily in the message center.

Hope this helps!

OP
S

ST 2022 Red

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #22
Voila! Tried the two key fobs in the slot under the armrest about 20 times (definition of insanity), and miraculously on that last attempt, with no apparent change in technique, it displayed the code just as advertised. Originating dealer came me the wrong master code, then lost all credibility when I called back saying it didn't work by telling me when original owner put in his code, it erased the master code. My local dealer only promised they could hook up the computer and retrieve it (for a hefty charge).

Anyway, thanks for all those who offered help and advice for a relatively trivial issue.