Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Help with indicator light for heat/ac power

Coolmama

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ford explorer st
Hello! New here, but not so new with ford explorer ST’s. My last ST was a white 2020 and i just upgraded to a black 2022. With my first 2020 I distinctively remember a little indicator light above this on/off switch to let me know the heat or a/c is on but on my 2022 the little light above it seems to be out since day one when i drove it off the lot (a week ago). All other indicator lights work except the one to the left of the power button and the power button of course. Anyone else have the same issue? Is it an easy fix or should I take it to the dealer? A15B51A9-652B-4994-8B75-7E1A266AE4F7.jpeg B58F2BA3-6028-4FA3-8419-188A65CBAAC1.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Have a 2021 and can’t say I have seen a light. There is a light above the AC button to tell you that is on. The vehicle is not in one mode or the other but controls to a cabin temp so the systems will run simultaneously. Could be 30 degrees outside but the A/C is on to remove moisture from the air and then gets reheated to make the cabin comfortable.

Reactions
There is no light for the upper/lower/bi-level button. That just opens the menu for you to select where you want your air to flow.

There’s no light for the power button either - at least not in my 2020. It’s extremely evident when the climate control is turned off or on, so I guess they figure they don’t need a light.

Buttons that should have actual on/off indicators:

MAX DEFROST
AC
MAX AC
AUTO (should have like 3 lights I think but I don’t use that button so I’m not sure)
REAR DEFROST
RECIRC
REAR

OP
Coolmama

Coolmama

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #4
Ok i see. My 2020 had a light above the power button so thats how i knew my ac or heat was on lol. Just not used to this one yet, i’ll get there. Thanks guys!

Reactions
Ok i see. My 2020 had a light above the power button so thats how i knew my ac or heat was on lol. Just not used to this one yet, i’ll get there. Thanks guys!
No worries - takes time!

hbalek

Reactions
My 2020 does not have a light above the power button. Every other button has a light under or above it.

OP
Coolmama

Coolmama

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #8
Nice observation! The coil wire is for my radar detector! I’ll check out that tapping wire… Thank you!