Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Help with 8 to 10.1 inch display

junior10476

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Hello everyone, I have a 8 inch display, I want to upgrade to 10.1 inch. I already have the 10.1 inch and was able to plug it in, it worked but it displayed in 8 inch resolution. Anyone know how to fix this and does anyone know the part number for the 10.1 inch harness? Thanks

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Damn…I wanna do the opposite. We should have just traded. lol

i8iridium

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hope you have Forscan...you'll need to make changes to your APIM.
Don't change x or --
7D0-03-01 xxxx 08xx xx--

This is a start, and I'm just winging it cause I don't have anything to compare to currently.

Reactions
Vehicle
20' Explorer ST
Hope you have Forscan...you'll need to make changes to your APIM.
Don't change x or --
7D0-03-01 xxxx 08xx xx--

This is a start, and I'm just winging it cause I don't have anything to compare to currently.
This is the answer.

It's a change you have to make with forscan. I saw it done on the F150s.

i8iridium

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hello everyone, I have a 8 inch display, I want to upgrade to 10.1 inch. I already have the 10.1 inch and was able to plug it in, it worked but it displayed in 8 inch resolution. Anyone know how to fix this and does anyone know the part number for the 10.1 inch harness? Thanks
@junior10476 Did this work for you? Also, would you be willing to take pictures of your stock parts from the 8" screen? (Vent bezel, tray under the screen, screen itself) I might be interested in doing the opposite of what you did. Also consider selling those parts?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST

i8iridium

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
OP
J

junior10476

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
@junior10476 Did this work for you? Also, would you be willing to take pictures of your stock parts from the 8" screen? (Vent bezel, tray under the screen, screen itself) I might be interested in doing the opposite of what you did. Also consider selling those parts?

OP
J

junior10476

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
I'll be posting with pics soon. I just ordered parts , I'll include prices part numbers.

OP
J

junior10476

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12

OP
J

junior10476

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
Yes let me get everything and I'll post it all.

Tony10476

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
Alright all done!, it is simple to do and not that expensive. Much less than dealer and any after market that I've seen. Just follow the video on YouTube and buy parts from Ford, look for cheapest dealer. I used Lakeland Ford in Florida by far the least expensive I have found, used invoice and took it to my local Ford and they price matched took 2 weeks to get everything. Use Forscan to make simple switch and done. Total spent $689.00 this includes a Used 10" display from a 2021 limited, Not New. A new display will run a little over 1k and they want the core, the harness is also hard to get, its on national back order so they say. About 40 mins of work total including Forscan programming. I was going to post pics but its the same as in video. Forscan is simple to use, just look for what you want to change. Click to select the display size and follow instructions.
Part numbers:
LB5Z 99018B40 DA BAZEL 95.94
LB5Z 7813546 BA BOX ASY 67.64
LB5Z 10E929 BA CABLE ASY 12.79
LB5T 18B955 UC 10" DISPLAY 500.00 NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING
I am selling the 8inch display,cable,vent and tray all from a 2023 ST purchased on March10th 2023. I'm selling together or separately message me for priceses I live in Florida Orlando aera and prefer todo local shipping is a killer.

Reactions
Vehicle
21 Explorer ST
I love the tray under the 8" screen to store my work phone... I'd be missing this if I got the larger screen.