Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hello from Virginia!

LMLarsen

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST Lite
Just got a new ST Lite and love it! Only issue is with the folding air deflector on the moonroof - when it folds in on closing, one corner of the fabric gets caught and sticks up when it’s closed.

Anyone else have this or should I just let the dealer look at it?

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Just got a new ST Lite and love it! Only issue is with the folding air deflector on the moonroof - when it folds in on closing, one corner of the fabric gets caught and sticks up when it’s closed.

Welcome to the forum. Should be a warranty issue.

OP
L

LMLarsen

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST Lite
Thread Starter #3
Thanks, BB! Definitely a warranty issue, but if there’s a quick driveway fix, I’ll all for it.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST

Sounds like it folds the wrong way. Open the moonroof and push the deflector down/closed with your hand and watch. The fold should go “in”. If it’s folding out, then manually push it in while closing the roof. You may need to tape it down. Leave it this way for a while until it takes a “set” folding in the right direction.

Of course, it could be torn or damaged as well.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Welcome, where are you from in Virginia? My wife grew up out there so we're always between there and WV.

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

Welcome and hope you resolve you issue.