Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hello from St Augustine, FL!

ST_Murdered

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I'm Coop and this is my first Eco Boost, first performance 6 cylinder, and first fast SUV. I come from a long line of Mustang owners dating back into the early 60s so I get the Ford Performance excitement.
But, I know absolutely NOTHING about this platform so it is all new (and news) to me. This is an experience and a journey.

20210330_131918~3.jpg

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Welcome. My wife and I are looking at moving there from Virginia. Any great areas to search? ;-)

OP
ST_Murdered

ST_Murdered

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks. Yeah, Palencia is just north of town and has one of the best schools if you guys have kids. The neighborhood is amazing aside from that too - pools, fitness center, business center, shops, it's is its own little town really. We don't have kids but enjoyed food truck Fridays and lots of other stuff they do. We just moved west away from the ocean - built a house. There are lots of new housing areas popping up all over in St Johns County. I think it's one of the fastest-growing counties in Florida right now. Not because it's getting crowded but because it never caught up with all the other counties.

A little tip my insurance guy told me: the farther away from the ocean you buy a house, the cheaper it is to insure. Makes sense. I hope you guys move down here; it's amazing!

Reactions
Welcome! My parents lived in Palm Coast from 1988 until 1999 and I used to race mountain bikes for Bike America in Palm Coast back in the 90"s. When I live in Daytona Beach I would take day trips up the inter coastal waterway with my boat to St Augustine, good food and nice little city. Enjoy your ST I am having a blast with mine.

OP
ST_Murdered

ST_Murdered

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
You gotta be kidding me! I used to live in Cannon Falls, MN! Just south of St Paul and north of Rochester. We just transferred down to Florida because of the Mayo Clinic. What a small world!

Yeah, this ST is a whole different world to me and I have only had it a day. But I am thoroughly enjoying it; it is so vastly different from anything I've ever had.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome. I'm a Coop (Cooper last name ) also. Enjoy your ST I love mine.

OHST

Reactions
Congrats and welcome

Reactions
You gotta be kidding me! I used to live in Cannon Falls, MN! Just south of St Paul and north of Rochester. We just transferred down to Florida because of the Mayo Clinic. What a small world!

Yeah, this ST is a whole different world to me and I have only had it a day. But I am thoroughly enjoying it; it is so vastly different from anything I've ever had.
I work for the Hastings School District as well as the Ramsey County Sheriff. We moved up here because the school system in Florida sucked when my daughter was in elementary school, now she is in college. I will be moving back to Florida in a couple more years no more bitter cold winters.

OP
ST_Murdered

ST_Murdered

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Wish I had known - I would have given you my snowblower! Free! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions
Wish I had known - I would have given you my snowblower! Free! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Been up here since 2010 first winter had 96" of snow I am tired of it now 2 more years then warm weather here I come.

OP
ST_Murdered

ST_Murdered

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Oh yeah, then you saw our cold snap a few years ago! Almost tied our all-time record of -60; it was -56 in 2019. That's when we decided to leave.

Reactions
Oh yeah, then you saw our cold snap a few years ago! Almost tied our all-time record of -60; it was -56 in 2019. That's when we decided to leave.
2 years ago our Sheriff had us do a "unsheltered" homeless outreach due to the cold that night it was minus 27 with wind chill of minus 50 and ground blizzard conditions. That was the coldest detail I have ever done.

F=MA

Reactions
That's a spring day in Saskatchewan !! :ROFLMAO:. That's why I almost live in Oklahoma now. I remember one early 1980's Xmas eve it was in the -50's F with -70 to -80 wind chill. Can't believe I would think nothing of driving 120 miles in a raging blizzard with near zero visibility. Young, dumb and full of .......

OP
ST_Murdered

ST_Murdered

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah even metal starts snapping at 56 below ambient. We leave engines running because if you shut them off they won't start back up.

Reactions
Hey Coop! I'll be looking for you, I have a Gray ST and live in St Aug...play golf at Palencia Golf Course every now and then. I agree, the schools here are great! I'm a Veterinarian and have a Clinic on SR 16. If you haven't had a chance, grab a meal at Ford's Garage...fun place! Dr. Jack, St. Augustine Animal Clinic

OP
ST_Murdered

ST_Murdered

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #17
Hey Coop! I'll be looking for you, I have a Gray ST and live in St Aug...play golf at Palencia Golf Course every now and then. I agree, the schools here are great! I'm a Veterinarian and have a Clinic on SR 16. If you haven't had a chance, grab a meal at Ford's Garage...fun place! Dr. Jack, St. Augustine Animal Clinic
Hey, @Zackracing, I'll keep an eye out for your Gray ST and Animal Clinic! I'm always at the dive shop on 16 - Sea Hunt Scuba.
Yeah, I've been to Ford's Garage! Amazing place to grab lunch while you're getting an oil change; they have a full bar. They also have an amazing atmosphere and tons of antique Ford stuff to look at as well. :D

Reactions
My Vet clinic is right next to Sea Hunt Scuba, I have known Steve and Curtis for years. Looking forward to meeting you sometime!

Reactions
Welcome and look forward to seeing you on the 16 as well! We live next door in GCS.