Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Heavy smoke on startup.

BWCFAB

Reactions
So our ST has been in the dealership 3 times now and about to go back for the fourth visit. After driving long distances or trailering, the ST smokes like a mad man after sitting for 15 plus minutes. It is a strong oil burning smell. The dealership has rebuilt the engine claiming the cylinder was out of round by 0.00007” which does seem to be some BS measurement. I could see if it was a thou or so, but 0.00007” is a bit tight for some blow by. Even after the rebuild, it still smokes. Prior to the rebuild, all pre-combustion and combustion items were clean (valves, intake, intake runners, charge pipes, plugs, piston tops). I told them most likely the turbo seals were bad on the turbine side. But of course they refuse to replace the turbos. Ford customer has been horrible, literally no help from them. Anyone else in here experienced the same problems with burning oil. If so, what was the resolution?

Attachments

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Welcome to the Forum. Not sure about Florida, but are you getting close to file for the lemon law?

Reactions
Yikes. Certainly unacceptable!
I agree about the out round spec. Someone doesn’t understand decimal places. You should ask to see the dealership tool they used to measure something that precisely .000x sure, .0000x, let’s see it

Does the engine use oil?

Jeff

Reactions
i have the exact same thing with ours, in 3 times dealership replace cylinder head and valve, they said oil was leaking into cylinder when motor when not running. This repair fixed nothing still have same issue.