Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Heat Fan Blower Motor Location

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Hello everyone. My Explorer blower motor is making a squeaky noise not all the time but sometimes. Where is the blower located so I can check it and see if some lube will fix it or something in it.

Thank you

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
No clue. Just follow the squeak until it gets louder?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
You have 2, one under the glove box passenger side , other passenger side rear cargo space.

OP
S
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #4
You have 2, one under the glove box passenger side , other passenger side rear cargo space.
The one I hear squeaking is by the passenger side.... Do I have to remove the whole glove box etc...

OP
S
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #5
No clue. Just follow the squeak until it gets louder?
I don't wait until things get worse. I keep my car in tip top shape. I;m not like other that wait and wait and then they cry why it cost so much to get it fixed....

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Now that you mentioned this squeaking noise from the fan, I too have some squeaking that is noticable at fan speeds like 1 & 2. I turned the fan all the way up and back down, seems to have worked for the time being.

OP
S
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #10
Now that you mentioned this squeaking noise from the fan, I too have some squeaking that is noticable at fan speeds like 1 & 2. I turned the fan all the way up and back down, seems to have worked for the time being.
I have tried all of that. It happens at the same speeds yours dos it. I know it happens after an hour or so, like when the bearing on the shaft gets hot. That is why I want to remove the motor and se if it's possible to apply some lube like silicone etc... see what happens.

OP
S
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #12