Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Headlight Condensation

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Hey Everyone,

I just recently picked up a 21' CPO ST. The car is great and no issues sofar except both headlights have condensation. I've searched the forums / read the manual so I know ford says some condensation is "normal" and should go away within a day. However, I've had the car for about a week and the condensation comes back every night, once the sun comes up it burns off, and once the sun drops it comes back. This can't be normal can it? My 25 year old S2000 headlights are perfectly dry, I wouldn't think this should be the norm.

It's under warranty but I haven't brought it back to the dealer yet, I was going to give it a week or 2 to see if it cleared itself up but so far no dice...

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
This is extremely annoying because it also obviously happens after I wash it and that’s every other week.
Think the dealer will fix under warranty or should I just do it myself? IMG_7699.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
This is extremely annoying because it also obviously happens after I wash it and that’s every other week.
If your under warranty, yes of course bring it in to get fixed.

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
So Ford is saying over $2k to replace the headlight since I out of my base warranty. Total Bull S@@&!!
Anyone have the same issue and should I just take to a local shop to fix?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My driver's side was doing that. I looked at the sealant on the top and there was a break where it wasn't covering. I put some silicone sealant on there and problem was solved. Hope you find some luck like that.

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
How did you get the confess to on out of the headlight? Did it just dry up over time?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
It'll dry out on a sunny day

hbalek

Reactions
How did you get the confess to on out of the headlight? Did it just dry up over time?
I've seen videos where they use a hair dryer to dry it out then reseal it.